It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Surf tabs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:04 pm 

Hello,

New to surfing, but looking for a push button solution to set up the wave. I have extra ballast all Plumbed In, and just use a wake shaper that slides onto the swim platform. Want to get something that I don’t need to store in the boat. I have a 2012 axis A20. Would installing surf tabs, like go surf assist, or Infinity wave, make it more like a newer boat with surf gate? Or is it not with the money and I should stick with the slip on shaper. Did some searching and not much new on them around the forum, so makes me wonder if no one uses them or people do and just don’t share.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Surf tabs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm 

Hopefully you have checked out WakeGarage. If not you should. We have a 2013 A22 and are going to put on GSA at the end of this year. We have all the Plug and Play ballast and have used the Wicked Wake gate on the platform and are presently using the Naticurl. On our boat it makes a better wake than the Wicked Wake tab on the platform, plus you can move it to make MINOR changes. There's nothing really stellar between the 2, except ease of moving, and we haven't been able to find anything on the Web that gives you the ultimate aftermarket add-on for you boat, just opinions. Which if you could surf those peoples boats that would be great so you could decide for yourself, right? Our thought now is that the only device we haven't tried is the GSA. Haven't read any terrible reviews or stories about it so "tag your it". Most of what we have read is that you need more weight for it to work well. After an Email to them, they stated that the way we have ours set up is how they recommend. Full ballast and all plug and plays. As far as the Surf Gates, we have read that after you add more weight they do not become more effective. Again this is just from the forums, here and on Malibu. If you or anyone is in the Reno, NV area it would be awesome to compare techniques and ideas, otherwise we will tell you how the GSA works (if we actually do it) on our yearly vacation to Havasu for Memorial Day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 pm 

Greetings. I had the GSA installed on my boat, which is an A20; 2013. If I had it to do over I would not have done it. The YouTube video of the A22 with GSA is awesome, but the wave put out on my boat isn’t anywhere close to that video. My Mission wake shaper makes an awesome wave. So for me, it was wasted money. We don’t even use it anymore. Just relaying my experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 pm 

We put GSA on our 2011 A20 and we are very happy with it - nice to be able to switch from Goofy to Natural riders at touch of button rather than having to suction cup the wedge on each time.