It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rub rail replacement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 pm 

Howdy y'all. My '14 A22 rub rails have gotten a bit beat up over the past summer (combination of lazy tie-offs and my wife's driving...)

Anyone replaced theirs? Do I contact Axis/my dealer for replacement rails?

ImageImage

Also, don't trust your buddy to put your baby back on the trailer in decent wind...

Thanks for y'alls help

Post subject: Re: Rub rail replacement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:54 pm 
Team Axis

The plastic corners are no big deal. About 15$ each from the dealer. You have to drill the holes for the screws by yourself.
I'm not so sure about the other damage to your rubrail, though. Looks like you'd have to replace the whole side from the front to the back plastic corners where the individual parts are joined underneath. That might cost a tad more and I also don't know how easy it is to remove the old rubrail and insert a new song me. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:18 am 
Team Axis

Mine was replaced, but it was warranty. They did the whole starboard side piece. Wish I could tell you how much. Did you bend the trailer guide pole loading the boat?

Post subject: Rub rail replacement
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:18 pm 
Team Axis

The side pieces that run the length of the boat are $120 each. Shipping can run more than the cost of the item. I bought a new one over the winter but haven't installed it yet. I can't tell by the pic but if the side piece isn't broken, you could wipe the white marks off with a rag and a dab of acetone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:57 am 

Let a friend attempt to load her onto the trailer in effort to save time- needless to say the boat was almost completely horizontal over the trailer. Got very lucky the prop didn't get damaged or chew up the runners on the trailer. New unpainted guide rail from Boatmate runs ~$70 with shipping.

Wtstaple- did the factory warranty cover the rail or did you have some type of extra coverage? I would assume they would classify rub rail damage normal wear and tear and wouldn't cover it.

For those of you that have ordered replacement rub rail - is the hardware included?
Entire bow rub rail needs replacement including the 3 connector edge pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:33 pm 
Team Axis

as1430 wrote:
Let a friend attempt to load her onto the trailer in effort to save time- needless to say the boat was almost completely horizontal over the trailer. Got very lucky the prop didn't get damaged or chew up the runners on the trailer. New unpainted guide rail from Boatmate runs ~$70 with shipping.

Wtstaple- did the factory warranty cover the rail or did you have some type of extra coverage? I would assume they would classify rub rail damage normal wear and tear and wouldn't cover it.

For those of you that have ordered replacement rub rail - is the hardware included?

Post up the info you find out. I need a new nose piece from when my wife came into the dock a little too hot. As far as your question on hardware, I would imagine the existing screws are reusable.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm 

dezul wrote:
as1430 wrote:

Post up the info you find out. I need a new nose piece from when my wife came into the dock a little too hot. As far as your question on hardware, I would imagine the existing screws are reusable.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

I am also looking for this information, dealership is telling me 65.00 per corner cap. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 pm 
Team Axis

They are ripping you off...... I just bought one of the plastic corners for 15.XX$ today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 pm 

pilotflying wrote:
They are ripping you off...... I just bought one of the plastic corners for 15.XX$ today.

Mind sharing the item number so I may pull up similar items? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:05 am 
Team Axis

The bow center piece says "Molding R R Center AXI"
*5091003*
Price $15.10