It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Swim platform cover
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:22 pm 
Team Axis

I recently ordered a swim platform cover from boatcoversdirect. It is the universal cover. It fits perfect. For $120 shipped, it isn't too bad. As you can see in the pic, I didn't tighten it down since I plan to use my boat this evening. I hope this helps someone that has been on the fence about ordering one. I have no affiliation with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

Post subject: Re: Swim platform cover
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:56 pm 
Team Axis

I bought the same one. It fits great and I can tow with it too. Fits tightly and has good straps to hold it on. Best deal for the price. BTW it work when boat is in the water as long as ballast is empty, it will stay dry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:01 am 
Team Axis

I just ordered one from evolution covers. $88 shipped.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:27 am 
Team Axis

I really WANT an evolution cover but I don't need it since I keep my boat in my temperature controlled garage. You guys are horrible at making me spend money, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:34 am 

Pics of the evolution cover installed? You can't always trust the company photos...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:16 pm 

dezul wrote:
I recently ordered a swim platform cover from boatcoversdirect. It is the universal cover. It fits perfect. For $120 shipped, it isn't too bad. As you can see in the pic, I didn't tighten it down since I plan to use my boat this evening. I hope this helps someone that has been on the fence about ordering one. I have no affiliation with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

I ordered the same cover and could not get it installed this weekend. I am trying to install while boat (a22) is in the lift in water. Since u use the cover do u think this is possible or do u need to be on land ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:52 pm 
Team Axis

waterworkscarwas wrote:
dezul wrote:

I ordered the same cover and could not get it installed this weekend. I am trying to install while boat (a22) is in the lift in water. Since u use the cover do u think this is possible or do u need to be on land ?

You should be able to do it from the swim platform. It goes inbetween the surf gate and the platform. I hope you aren't trying to slip it over the gate.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 pm 
Team Axis

The key is to slip the two corners closest to the stern first, then pull it over the platform. It's a tight fit between the platform and the transom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 pm 
Team Axis

I have the evolution platform cover and it fits perfect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:38 pm 

dezul wrote:
waterworkscarwas wrote:
dezul wrote:

You should be able to do it from the swim platform. It goes inbetween the surf gate and the platform. I hope you aren't trying to slip it over the gate.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

I do not have suggested. I have a 2012 axis a22. Thx