It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2013 Axis Plug and Play - looking for some assistance
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
Axis Owner

Just picked up my 2013 A20 Axis, I am looking for assistance on connceting up my plug and play. The new Axis plug and play has 1 1/8 hoses, larger pumps, a new valve up on the gunnel, two drain hoses, and I do not see any vents in front of the engine. I replaced my 2011 A20 with a 2013 and was planning on using my old sac's but it looks like that's not an option. I will post up a few pictures, anyone else have a 2013 Axis and tried to connect up the plug and play. I was told that the new sacs need to have two drains one on each end panel.

Attachments:
left%20compartment.jpg
left%20compartment.jpg [ 147.26 KiB | Viewed 32982 times ]
left%20%20valve.jpg
left%20%20valve.jpg [ 39.94 KiB | Viewed 32982 times ]
left%20fire%20wall.jpg
left%20fire%20wall.jpg [ 43.44 KiB | Viewed 32982 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2013 Axis Plug and Play - looking for some assistance
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am 
Team Axis

From looking the system at the boat show you are able to choose which tank/bag to fill first. If you want to just fill the hard tank without sac you are now able to. If you choose to fill plug and play sac it will fill the top bag and flow to the hard tank. The system is supposed to be amazing. The top hose hooks up to the top of a sac through a bigger fitting. The lower hose of course goes the the drain. Hit up boardstop. He can get the larger fittings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

I talked to BFI today. The new Axis bags do come with 4 fittings now. They have added a 4th fitting to the Axis specific bags. I have an email into Axis to try and get more information on the new 4th quick connect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 am 

Quote:
I talked to BFI today. The new Axis bags do come with 4 fittings now. They have added a 4th fitting to the Axis specific bags. I have an email into Axis to try and get more information on the new 4th quick connect.

Malibu has changed the system at least two or three times since the 2013's started shipping last year. This is the newest and hopefully the last configuration.

Good news. The over priced bags that Axis had Mike at BFI make are no longer needed. Now you will connect the fill hose that comes off of the valve to the top of the bag and the rear drain hose to the drain port on the bottom of the bag. You can use a standard fat sac and will have one port open to use the W749 Air Release fitting. I like to install the Fly High bags with the W743 and W746 fittings so that the bags can be removed easily.

I have also been experimenting with using the Straight Line Sumo bags in place of Fly High as they have a 1" port instead of 3/4". We have noticed better flow through the Straight Line 33057 fitting and the Fly High W746 fitting. Remember that we are relying on gravity to get the water from the bag into the factory hard tank for draining.

Thanks,
Spencer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm 
Team Axis

Get up some more pictures too if you can, I'm interested in seeing these changes. And if you get it dialed in good make a DIY thread explaining how you did it so others can get theirs going too!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:39 pm 
Axis Owner

Spencerwm, thank you, you decriped it correctlly, I have talked to a lot of different people and I am going with the Stright Line set up so I can take advantage of the extra drain, I will post up some pictures after we get through this cold front this weekend. I was excited when we took delivery of our 2013 and saw the changes that they had made. Then I was shocked when I was told by more than one person that I had to use the Fly High Sac's in order to take advantage of these changes, these Fyl High Sac's are $300.00 each, The straight Line option is $150.00 each.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:50 pm 
Team Axis

straightline sacs are money for axis/malibu now. The 1" ID match perfectly with the 1" ID hoses and pumps that axis/malibu are using. I had a thread on here somewhere about the SL sumo sacs and the new SL sumo bow sac for the A20 and A22's.

I am jealous, I wish I had all 1" stuff in my boat... maybe next years winter project...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:44 am 
Team Axis

Any of you '13 owners have any pics of the pnp setup yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
Team Axis

I can snap some pics this wknd. Just got through the break in on my new A20 (equipped with PnP, 750's in rear) and took a couple quick sets behind it last wknd, and barely got a chance to play with the new ballast system. During delivery, the dealer's tech went through everything with me including the ballasts. He showed me that the '13 models have ball valves on the rear lines so you can choose to fill either both the hard tanks and sacs or close it off to where it will fill the hard tank only. I turned the valves horizontal to the line and assumed that would close it off to where the PnP sac wouldn't fill. Sure enough, opened the engine hatch after a few mins and the sacs were filling up. My assumption now is that turning the handle vertical with the line will close it off to where its hard tanks only.

Does anyone have any additional insight into this? I'm sure if I mess around with it for a bit I will figure it out, but was in a hurry last wknd so it was just a quick trip.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Anyone use the new bfi exv sacs in a 2013 axis? The new exv bags from bfi have 4 ports. I know the Malibu guys are already using this bag. Thy make a 750 and 1100 version.