It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Anyone have tweeters on their boat?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:58 pm 

I have a set that have been sitting around a couple years and thought about mounting them on my boat dash.

Post subject: Re: Anyone have tweeters on their boat?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:31 pm 

Thinking about the acoustics...or lack there of...on a boat, I'm wondering if a pair of stand alone tweets would even do much. Because sound waves become more directional as the frequency goes up, i would think they will only be noticeable when you are sitting in specific locations in the boat.

But, since you have them laying around...you could do a little testing. Built a little "mounting plate" or "sound cup" and place them in the area you were thinking about hard mounting them. Connect them up (however you were planning to do that) and see what you think. Worst thing that happens is that you dont like them. Best case, you love them. Either way, i would test them before putting any holes in your boat. Again, because tweeters are very directional, you need to test them in as close to a position as you would mount them.

Also, if possible, have the ability to sit in the boat and listen to music without them connected and be able to connect them without moving. I would run cheap/old/junky wires that you can hold in you hand so you can make/break/make/break the connection to see what differences you here. Sometimes we think things are "better" because we spend extra money/time/effort on an "improvement"...only to realize later that it was all for nothing. I'm a culprit for doing this myself.