It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2014 t22 ballast issues..removing a hose to hardtank
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:14 pm 
Team Axis

The plug and play bags have a connection in the back of the bag to the hard tank. and then a connection in the front.
The rear connection kinks and or breaks with 850 lbs of weight pushing on it. Can I just cap the hard tank in back and put a plug in the bag?
It would still have the connection to the hardtank up front.

i am unsure as to what would be wrong with this..

thanks

Post subject: Re: 2014 t22 ballast issues..removing a hose to hardtank
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:52 pm 
Team Axis

buffaxis wrote:
The plug and play bags have a connection in the back of the bag to the hard tank. and then a connection in the front.
The rear connection kinks and or breaks with 850 lbs of weight pushing on it. Can I just cap the hard tank in back and put a plug in the bag?

thanks
Flyhigh makes a plug to just snap into the female quick connect that the bag is currently plugging into. They also make a plug that will thread into the bag. Wakemakers also has them for there bags. I personally wouldn't go this route because it would hinder drain and fill times quite a bit. Instead I would pull the plastic plate that the rear line is under, drill a 1.5" hole towards the rear so it lines up where the existing fitting is coming from hard tank, get the parts you would need to get that line to come up through the new hole. I'm not sure what size barbed fitting is threaded into the tank and if it's a straight or a 90° fitting. If it's a straight then just cut the line so there is enough to come up through the new hole, add a 90° to that , add 3" of ballast line to that and then attach the quick connect female to that. This will allow you to pull the bag back and plug in with zero kinking. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

Last edited by steveA20 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:59 pm 
Team Axis

steveA20 wrote:
buffaxis wrote:

thanks
Flyhigh makes a plug to just snap into the female quick connect that the bag is currently plugging into. They also make a plug that will thread into the bag. Wakemakers also has them for there bags. I personally wouldn't go this route because it would hinder drain and fill times quite a bit. Instead I would pull the plastic plate that the rear line is under, drill a 1.5" hole towards the rear so it lines up where the existing fitting is coming from hard tank, get the parts you would need to get that line to come up through the new hole. I'm not sure what size barbed fitting is threaded into the tank and if it's a straight or a 90° fitting. If it's a straight then just cut the line so there is enough to come up through the new hole, add a 90° to that , add 3" of ballast line to that and then attach the quick connect female to that. This will allow you to pull the bag bag and plug in with zero kinking. Hope this makes sense.

It does make sense. I would love to know since it connects in the front and back what would happen if i just disconnect the back and cap the bag and the hard tank? otherwise your info makes perfect sense. i have a few straight fittings that i can work with..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:55 pm 
Team Axis

buffaxis wrote:
steveA20 wrote:
buffaxis wrote:

thanks
Flyhigh makes a plug to just snap into the female quick connect that the bag is currently plugging into. They also make a plug that will thread into the bag. Wakemakers also has them for there bags. I personally wouldn't go this route because it would hinder drain and fill times quite a bit. Instead I would pull the plastic plate that the rear line is under, drill a 1.5" hole towards the rear so it lines up where the existing fitting is coming from hard tank, get the parts you would need to get that line to come up through the new hole. I'm not sure what size barbed fitting is threaded into the tank and if it's a straight or a 90° fitting. If it's a straight then just cut the line so there is enough to come up through the new hole, add a 90° to that , add 3" of ballast line to that and then attach the quick connect female to that. This will allow you to pull the bag bag and plug in with zero kinking. Hope this makes sense.

It does make sense. I would love to know since it connects in the front and back what would happen if i just disconnect the back and cap the bag and the hard tank? otherwise your info makes perfect sense. i have a few straight fittings that i can work with..
Only a couple things would happen, neither being a serious issue.
1- it will take longer to fill and drain bag.

2-bag may not empty 100% because the water in the bag will naturally flow to the back of the bag as it gets lower and the rear of the boat sits a little lower than the front due to engine weight. When cruising back to the dock or boat slip the remainder of the water in the bag would drain into the hard tank through the rear connection....not the front.

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT