It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lighting questions on A24
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:49 am 
Team Axis

So I bought a pair of lifeform 9 underwater LED's and curious if anyone has installed them on a A24? Is there a specific place they should be mounted? Are they pre wired? Also would like some lights for the front of the boat (something bright not docking lights) any advise on brand and mounting location? I mainly want them for night surfing...

Thank you Brad

Post subject: Re: Lighting questions on A24
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am 
Team Axis

Never seen bow lights for surfing, only bar lights for the tower. There might be pre-wire for factory LED on the transom but mine also cam with a small inverter (Abyss mini-starfish). Mount them on the flattest spot you can find. Check your local laws on towing at night as it's illegal in most states just in case you didn't know (some people don't, some people care either lol). I have 2 buddies that got nice fines for it on our area lake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
Never seen bow lights for surfing, only bar lights for the tower. There might be pre-wire for factory LED on the transom but mine also cam with a small inverter (Abyss mini-starfish). Mount them on the flattest spot you can find. Check your local laws on towing at night as it's illegal in most states just in case you didn't know (some people don't, some people care either lol). I have 2 buddies that got nice fines for it on our area lake.

Its only illegal if you get caught. #runaway

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
AJWest wrote:

Its only illegal if you get caught. #runaway

No...you only get in trouble if you get caught #IllegalNonetheless. Maybe your lake doesnt have 3 branches of law enforcement with boats, my area lakes does.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 am 
Team Axis

Live a little AJ.

Personally I never stay out past dark so it is a non issue to me. As for states making it illegal, that is their prerogative. I see nothing wrong with it. It is a personal liability issue and doesn't cause any more harm than day surfing. An idiot will fuck up reguardless of the time of day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am 
Team Axis

I believe it is illegal here in WA but the reality is our summer property in on a river without law enforcement or other boats for that matter. I don't see myself surfing at dark as much as surfing until dark and relaxing on the boat after the fact until it gets dark and wanting to be able to see on my way back to the dock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:33 am 
Team Axis

I don't think it is a big deal. It is rarely done here. Matter of fact I have never personally saw it to this date. I don't have an issue with. Most people around here don't either. The authorities (3 agencies off the top of my head) don't patrol the waters at night except on holiday weekends.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 pm 
Team Axis

There is wiring at the back of the boat that is hooked up to the interior lights, that's what I hooked my underwater drain plug light to. Personally, I would never be cutting into the hull of my boat lol I just feel it could cause hull problems but that's just me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:15 am 
Team Axis

So turns out adding the lights is super easy... took all of an hour to mount both of them!