It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rear ballast pump / bag upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 pm 
Team Axis

On this thread I outlined the parts I used for the front sac upgrade - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1857. Same parts for the rear with the addition of
- Straight Line 900 lb bags from BoardStop
- 1" vent loops from iboats - http://www.iboats.com/MF-844-VENTED-LOO ... _id.928607. The vents are huge in comparison to the 3/4" vents that they replaced, but the hose fit on very easily without the need to heat the hose up before to soften it up.

It was a fairly straight forward swap out. One thing to note with the regular (non-Axis 2013) Sumo 900 bag is that the fill and vent are at one end and drain at the other end. Tested it out today and the sac fills the space quite nicely. I didn't check for flex on the engine divider walls, but I'll probably end up re-inforcing those. Fill time was about 9 minutes for the sac and hard tank.

With these bags and an extra 600 lbs in the bow, the boat had trouble planing with the Cinco prop (the 2315 is going on this weekend). I moved about 200 lbs of kids to the front and was able to then get onto plane.

Post subject: Re: Rear ballast pump / bag upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 am 
Team Axis

I'll add a "filled" image in the future to show if there is much pressure on the engine divider. I kept the vent and drain at 3/4" for now. I'll upgrade the drain system in the fall as it is pretty slow now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 am 
Team Axis

Not the best images, but the pump install was fairly straight forward. I made a 3/4" - 1" adapter with PVC piping. As was posted on my front sac upgrade thread you can get a Rule pump that has a 3/4" inlet and 1" outlet - http://www.wakemakers.com/rule-aerator- ... -1100.html. It was a bit of a tight fit given that I had to use an adapter, but with the Tsunami (as well as the Rule) pump the motor easily seperates from the housing so I don't have to pull the housing or hose if I have a pump problem down the road.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 am 
Team Axis