All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Fresh Air Exhaust
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:26 am 
Team Axis

It works incredibly well too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 am 
Team Axis

Btw, awesome job on that install Walter. Looks very solid and clean.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:56 pm 
Boater

Thanks! Just curious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 pm 
Team Axis

mine gets shipped next week. Will definitely post up pics of my install and pics of the wakeboard wake from the pov of an observer. I am getting one for 2 main reasons and neither are for wake surfing. 1st is I hear that the in boat noise level gets cut in half or more. After I went to the cinco prop from the core, inboat noise was noticeably quieter, and now I look forward to it being even more quiet. 2nd, and most important, is I have a 3 and 1 year old, the 3 year old ski boards off and on from the swim step and my 1 year old will be doing that this summer as well. Also, I spend a lot of time with beginners or young kids, standing on the platform while idling, and would like to reduce my exposure to CO as much as possible. I work 18+ days a month and am exposed to CO everyday, I don't need any more when I am playing off duty :D

Also, my install will be different than most cuz I do not have the wedge, so not sure it will be helpful to anyone, but I will post up my thoughts anyways. I am most concerned with the FAE affecting my wakeboarding wake and hope my prop wash is not bigger or cannot be felt at 70+ feet back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:37 am 
Team Axis

I did it for the exact same reason as you Johnny, the kids first then for the noise reduction, I'll put up pics as soon as I get some, bad thing is it may be a month or better before I can get back to the lake, have obligations for the next 3-4 weekends

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 am 
Team Axis

Johnnydefacto wrote:
mine gets shipped next week. Will definitely post up pics of my install and pics of the wakeboard wake from the pov of an observer. I am getting one for 2 main reasons and neither are for wake surfing. 1st is I hear that the in boat noise level gets cut in half or more. After I went to the cinco prop from the core, inboat noise was noticeably quieter, and now I look forward to it being even more quiet. 2nd, and most important, is I have a 3 and 1 year old, the 3 year old ski boards off and on from the swim step and my 1 year old will be doing that this summer as well. Also, I spend a lot of time with beginners or young kids, standing on the platform while idling, and would like to reduce my exposure to CO as much as possible. I work 18+ days a month and am exposed to CO everyday, I don't need any more when I am playing off duty :D

Also, my install will be different than most cuz I do not have the wedge, so not sure it will be helpful to anyone, but I will post up my thoughts anyways. I am most concerned with the FAE affecting my wakeboarding wake and hope my prop wash is not bigger or cannot be felt at 70+ feet back.

Johnny, I've had my FAE on for two yrs and there honestly is no change in the wakeboarding wake or wakesurfing wave. At least that I can tell. I installed mine because of my kids that wakesurf as well. It's definitely worth the piece of mind for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am 
Team Axis

So you probably have 2 years worth of pictures and you're holding out!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am 
Team Axis

Haha. I guess that's true. I don't think I have any pre-install wake pics but I could try to get some post pics. Although I think they're all just pics of the riders not the wake or wave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm 
Team Axis

Finally ran mine last weekend, I thought I was back in my old I/O, it was much quieter especially noticeable when riding behind the boat, it's just silent other than the wind and water, if you are idling in gear waiting on a rider to get their board on you don't smell any exhaust fumes anymore, they all go away in the prop wash, to me it seemed like it actually knocked the roost down a bit too, I was running just the front tank full and messing around because I was trunking it in 60 deg water so it was a bit cold but it still pulled just fine from the hole shot, easily the best add-on I have done, wish I'd have done it when I bought the boat new!!