Malibu and Axis Boats Texas
AxisWakeboardBoats Approved Dealer
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2012 A20 PNP Help
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:47 pm 

Hey guys first time plumbing bangs into my boat. Currently i have 2 750 bags in the back that you manually have to fill with a pump. Getting tired of doing this. The guy before me bought a wake makers kit for one side. I want to install it but have no idea how to. All I have is a bunch of black tubing and some red connectors.

I get that there is one fill line and 2 drains correct?

I watched a video of a guy with a Axis on YouTube plumbing in his bags and it look like he literally just pulls the plugs off existing lines and puts the new connectors on and that's it. Also he has a valve to turn the flow on and off. I don't have any of these existing lines in my boat? I can get pictures tonight of what i have. Not sure if i have pull the flooring up to get to the lines on the stock tank?

Post subject: Re: 2012 A20 PNP Help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 pm 

I'm in a similar situation- new A20 owner as of last autumn and want to add some bags to the rear lockers.

The fact that you don't see the three existing lines with plugs indicates that your boat did not have the plug and play option installed (also like mine).

I've spent a fair amount of time reading other threads on this topic, both here and over at The Malibu Crew. Based on my research and the bags that came with my boat, I've designed a solution that *should* work for me. I believe that this would be called a variant of the the piggy back installation. Here's what I came up with:

Notes to go along with my diagram:
- There are two anti-siphon loops shown here because that's what already installed in my A20. I may or may not end up using both of them
- One of the check valves going to the vent is crossed out. This is because the hard tank needs to 'breath' both in and out.
- The barbed tee on the drain pump has been replaced by a different solution which Phoenix was so kind to document here: https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php ... tallation/
I was able to find the parts I needed at my local Lowes for the dual-drain

You'll notice that my diagram has a bunch of part numbers on there. That's because I was using this to create a bill of materials to order from WakeMakers.

I'm going to be installing this setup in a few days. I'll post a follow-up with the results and some photos.