It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ballast wont empty
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:52 am 

Hello, just purchased a 2013 Axis A22. Took it out yesterday and filled my ballast up and my front bag wont empty. It pumps water in fine but when i flick the switch to drain, i don't hear the pump and nothing happens but the light is light up on the switch. I am new to this boat so any advice is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Ballast wont empty
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 am 
Team Axis

Take a look at this thread - http://www.axiswakeboats.com/viewtopic. ... 46&start=0

If you can't hear the pump it may be that the motor cartridge needs to be replaced.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:17 am 
Boater

When you flip the switch, if there’s no hum it’s possibly the pump. I’ve changed mine... I have a 2015 with piranha pumps (probably didn’t spell it right). If you can access it, it’s a 1-2 hr $80 fix to diy. Dealer will want bout a $1,000 right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am 

How many pumps are on the boat? I have a bag on each side of the rear and one in the front. The bags use the same pump as ones that fill the hard tank correct?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 am 
Team Axis

In the rear you'll have a pair for each side - the fill pump fills the bag which drains to the hard tank and the drain pump pulls from the hard tank.

In front there is a separate fill / drain pair for the bag and another pair for the hard tank.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:35 pm 
Team Axis

There should be 4 pumps accessible via the circular hatch near the drivers seat. Put your hand in and feel around. Put a cell phone in and snap a pic. There will be two pumps fixed to the hull. These are the fill pumps for the front bag and center tank. There is one pump fixed to the bottom of the center tank. This pump drains the tank. The final pump is free floating on tubing. The tubing runs from the bottom of the bag and then up to a high point behind the dash and then out of the boat. In my case, the out of the boat is the furthest forward discharge port.
You may have enough tubing to pull the pump gently and be able to see it while in the boat. Or you can go in back and get a good luck at what you are dealing with by looking at the rear fill pumps. A single set screw is removed and then the blue ring is unscrewed. After that is completely unscrewed you can pull the cartridge. You then have two choices, replace - very easy plug and play or potentially unsieze. The replacement cartridges are all over the internet in the 40 to 50$ range. To unsieze you can spin the cartridge blade by hand and ensure the pump body is free of debri. After that, and before you put it back in, hit the button and see if it goes. If no luck, I'd replace for sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm 

Found them! Going to order a new one. Also i was looking at the back and from my understanding there would be 4 pumps back there as well, but i only see two. Where are the other ones? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:12 pm 
Team Axis

The rear drain are under the floor with the hard tank.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 am 

My front bag will not drain. I have tried everything. If I hook the fill line to the drain line it pushes water thru, the pump is spinning had it apart, there is no air trapped so.... it goes to the dealer today. Hopefully its covered under warranty.