It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ballast set up for 2014 t22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:53 am 
Team Axis

Looking for tips on ballast set up. have plug play with 750s in rear plus 200 lb hard tanks. plus whatever the front fills up i think its a 450?

I want to take out the hard tanks and just have like 1100 lb in each rear- looking for more space.. what do i need to run up front - no lead etc. i trailer the boat all the time. i would be adding a bag on top of the seats.

the way the front is set there is no way the bag fills.. the seat cushion starts to pop and i am afraid the bag will get ruined..

usually have 4-6 people on the boat.

Post subject: Re: Ballast set up for 2014 t22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:39 am 
Team Axis

I run lead in the bow of my t23 with no trailering issues. 200lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:16 am 
Boater

gibbs114 wrote:
I run lead in the bow of my t23 with no trailering issues. 200lbs

Hey Gibbs, what does your lead consist of, small tire weights in bags? or what is the normal way of adding lead. Sorry if it's a dumb question, just have never actually seen how people add lead to their boats and I think I might want to try it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am 
Team Axis

buffaxis wrote:
Looking for tips on ballast set up. have plug play with 750s in rear plus 200 lb hard tanks. plus whatever the front fills up i think its a 450?

I want to take out the hard tanks and just have like 1100 lb in each rear- looking for more space.. what do i need to run up front - no lead etc. i trailer the boat all the time. i would be adding a bag on top of the seats.

the way the front is set there is no way the bag fills.. the seat cushion starts to pop and i am afraid the bag will get ruined..

I've got 150 in lead and I also run a fly high bow sack on a johnson reversible pump on top of the seats for the days that we want to run the sumo 900s super-full. That's in addition to the under-the-seats PNP sack, which IMHO barely does much of anything.

WIthout the top-of-the-seats bow sack, there's no way you can run the 1100s full.

I've got mine set up so I can easily disconnect it for the times that we aren't running as heavy/want to use the bow/etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:53 pm 
Team Axis

Might I suggest running one of the new WakeMakers univeral fit plug an play bags? I think I'm going to get the biggest ones they have for an A22 with tanks removed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm 
Team Axis

Mine are lead wake 50lbs each. I run 1100's rear no problems. I do run a 400lbs sac in the walkway sometimes but only if I'm running my extra cabin bags. I total 5k in ballast sometimes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 am 
Team Axis

With T22, even assuming you could get to speed with only 1100s in the rear, the bow rise would be so insane that you'd need to stand up to see over the bow. the T22s REALLY need bow weight if you run heavy in the rear.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:52 am 
Team Axis

shawndoggy wrote:
With T22, even assuming you could get to speed with only 1100s in the rear, the bow rise would be so insane that you'd need to stand up to see over the bow. the T22s REALLY need bow weight if you run heavy in the rear.

So would i be better with 900's in each side rear thats what i have now. in total with the 750's plus the hard tanks. I am confused as to what really makes the best surf wake. from what i am reading wight up front is the real difference.

The only reason i wanted to remove the hard tanks is for more storage and to simplify the ballast process.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:08 am 
Team Axis

shawndoggy wrote:
buffaxis wrote:

I've got 150 in lead and I also run a fly high bow sack on a johnson reversible pump on top of the seats for the days that we want to run the sumo 900s super-full. That's in addition to the under-the-seats PNP sack, which IMHO barely does much of anything.

WIthout the top-of-the-seats bow sack, there's no way you can run the 1100s full.

I've got mine set up so I can easily disconnect it for the times that we aren't running as heavy/want to use the bow/etc.

thank you i don't feel the under seat bow sac does much either it may fill 1/2 way...trying to figure out how i can rig the bow sac w some connects to work with a bag i can toss on top.. is the johnson pump mounted under the seats? seams like the easier route

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:39 pm 
Team Axis

If you figure way to run the plumbing for on top of the seats in the bow. Post some pics of how you do this I would be interested in doing the same to mine.