It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Upgrading stereo...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:41 pm 
Team Axis

And if anyone needs a pair of the wetsounds cabin speakers, lemme know I've got a used set....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:43 am 
Boater

I have JL audio MX650's in the boat and I am quite happy with them. Icon8's in the tower. My only real complaint is how little sound I get at the helm. I was considering finding some speakers that can fit the heater vents.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:16 am 
Team Axis

eyekode wrote:
I have JL audio MX650's in the boat and I am quite happy with them. Icon8's in the tower. My only real complaint is how little sound I get at the helm. I was considering finding some speakers that can fit the heater vents.

What amp are you running them with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 am 
Boater

I run the cabin speakers (6) and sub with a JLM700/5. The main cabin speakers are in parallel on 2 channels. The bow speakers have their own channels. I ran it this way because I find the 4 cabin speakers need the same level and the kids in the front like it a little louder.

I run the towers with an M400/4 bridged. It would probably be fine on one channel though.

I have a stock 2014 Sony head unit. I send the "Front" pre-outs to the tower and the "Rear" to the cabin+bow. This way I can balance the tower/cabin levels from the head unit with the fader control.

If I crank the tower so boarders can hear it we blow out the passengers in the rear seats. This is just due to geometry of the tower/seating location. So I like having easy control over the cabin vs tower levels.

I live in NC. Too bad you are not closer. The best way to see what you like is to hear it yourself!

By the way what do you mean by your cabin speakers "lack sound"? They sound harsh when they are cranked? They are missing mid/lows? You don't like the general sound?

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 am 
Team Axis

eyekode wrote:

I've got a bnib set of image dynamics 4" speakers that I bought for a project like that a couple of boats ago (was going to install in the dash of my MB) and ended up going a different direction. I'd love to make you a great deal if you are interested.

they are these: https://www.amazon.com/CTX-Image-Dynami ... B00563OKY8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:02 pm 
Team Axis

eyekode wrote:
I run the cabin speakers (6) and sub with a JLM700/5. The main cabin speakers are in parallel on 2 channels. The bow speakers have their own channels. I ran it this way because I find the 4 cabin speakers need the same level and the kids in the front like it a little louder.

I run the towers with an M400/4 bridged. It would probably be fine on one channel though.

I have a stock 2014 Sony head unit. I send the "Front" pre-outs to the tower and the "Rear" to the cabin+bow. This way I can balance the tower/cabin levels from the head unit with the fader control.

If I crank the tower so boarders can hear it we blow out the passengers in the rear seats. This is just due to geometry of the tower/seating location. So I like having easy control over the cabin vs tower levels.

I live in NC. Too bad you are not closer. The best way to see what you like is to hear it yourself!

By the way what do you mean by your cabin speakers "lack sound"? They sound harsh when they are cranked? They are missing mid/lows? You don't like the general sound?

Good luck!

Yea wish I was closer. Just overall volume is the main issue, turned up they just don't sound good but they are cheap speaker, I think. Going to run a 6 channel just for cabin speakers and a separate amp for tower and another for the sub.

Thanks Brad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:08 pm 
Team Axis

Has anyone ever tried to replace the 6 factory speakers with the 7.7" ones?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:10 pm 
Boater

r33pwrd wrote:

Great Q! The 7.7's should play much deeper and much louder before they start to get stressed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:50 pm 
Team Axis

eyekode wrote:
r33pwrd wrote:

Great Q! The 7.7's should play much deeper and much louder before they start to get stressed.

Looking at it i think the bow and the rear would be fine but the ones on the side not so easy..