It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A20 rear ballast bags pressure issue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 am 

Hey guys,
We just got an 2016 a20 in australia. And since plug and play is not a factory option in aus we had the dealer put it in as an aftermarket option and weve had some issues. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue were the rear bags in the lockers dont seem to release air pressure. We have tried filling our rear bags up and they only half fill with water and are like ballons still with half air. We contacted the dealer and they said this was normal and just told us to keep filling them up... we tried this and they built up so much pressure to the point where the bag bent the engine cover betweem the engine and the rear locker. Has anyone else had an issue like ths and how did you fix it.

Post subject: Re: A20 rear ballast bags pressure issue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:43 am 
Team Axis

You have to manually burp the bag or t into the hard tank vent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 am 
Team Axis

What bags are you running? You have 2 options here. Bleed the air out by unscrewing one of the caps on top of the bag or you can add in overflow/vent lines. I run sumo 450s in my 16 A20 and installed overflow/vent lines by tapping into the drain line. You'll need 2 Y fittings, 12 hose clamps, 2 wakemakers check valves and about 6 feet of 1&1/8 ballast line, you'll also need the 1" male and female quick connect fittings.

ImageImage

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:09 am 

Thanks fellas. Ive got fly high bags in there... not sure of the size. They have got vents from the top which were t joined into the hard tank vent which makes me wonder how it could not be venting pressure. I should get in the locker and take a closer look at how he was set it up and then make sure there is no blockages in the pipes or a kinked pipe somewhere. Ill take those photos and have a look how mine is setup and ill let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 am 
Team Axis

Billyludbey wrote:
Hey guys,
We just got an 2016 a20 in australia. And since plug and play is not a factory option in aus we had the dealer put it in as an aftermarket option and weve had some issues. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue were the rear bags in the lockers dont seem to release air pressure. We have tried filling our rear bags up and they only half fill with water and are like ballons still with half air. We contacted the dealer and they said this was normal and just told us to keep filling them up... we tried this and they built up so much pressure to the point where the bag bent the engine cover betweem the engine and the rear locker. Has anyone else had an issue like ths and how did you fix it.

Just installed this from TMC member, stoked to use this weekend.

https://www.dripdepot.com/search?q=kinetic%20air%20vent

SOMUCH Simpler and quite elegant and when folks run the top vent t joined would have some binding issues if they were using 850 like I do so new 2017 Malibu is coming with the above but with a lesser hose for less binding ftom 2 stiff top hoses, I have an A20 and fur surfing unless you have a big crew go 850 rears and 1000-1400 in front pnp and supp bow plus stock and wedge with opposite rear locker sac deflation for slight list and no spray from gates and clean long pushy wave just like the big boats

https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeboat ... 363151138/