It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: REAR EXHAUST
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:22 pm 

Has anyone found a good company that makes a quality exhaust to remove all the monoxide the just sits behind the boat when surfing? I have seen other boats that simply dive it down into the water. Another that put it down between the floating wedge. But wouldn't that create a problem where you could burn yourself?

Looking for answers.

Thanks,

Marc

2016 T22

Post subject: Re: REAR EXHAUST
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 pm 
Team Axis

FAE, fresh air exhaust is what many swear by. But I see that you have a 2016, which means it has catalytic converters on it. Those really do cut down on the noxious fumes that older boats had a problem with.

I had a 2010 A22 and now with my 2015 A24 I've noticed a huge difference in the reduction of fumes.

I've never felt light headed or dizzy by any means. Also, I've never had FAE on any of my boats (older non-Malibu boats included) and I've never felt justified in its cost but that's up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:39 pm 
Team Axis

mmclimber wrote:
Has anyone found a good company that makes a quality exhaust to remove all the monoxide the just sits behind the boat when surfing? I have seen other boats that simply dive it down into the water. Another that put it down between the floating wedge. But wouldn't that create a problem where you could burn yourself?

Looking for answers.

Thanks,

Marc

2016 T22

Simply not needed imo...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Post subject: REAR EXHAUST
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:46 pm 
Team Axis

mmclimber wrote:

Looking for answers.

Thanks,

Marc

2016 T22

I have a FAE and love it, it cut down on noise substantially and it puts all of the fumes in the prop wash, doesn't do any good idling around but if you're under way at surf or wakeboard speeds it's great. There is no way you could burn yourself with or without the exhaust, it has water pumped through it from the engine so it never gets hot enough to hurt you, an insulated cup of coffee is warmer than the boat exhaust.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 pm 
Team Axis

I just don't understand the fumes thing.. we have surfed for 10 hours in a day and never had anyone comment about fumes or any smell for that matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:10 pm 
Team Axis

I bought a FAE more for the noise reduction personally, the reduction in fumes is just a bonus. I had to custom mount mine however so that added a layer of difficulty but now that it's on I love it,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:24 pm 
Team Axis

I have a factory "surf pipe". It stays as cool as the water that it's in. I was worried about this the first time I deployed my wedge. It is true that the newer motors are much better as far as emissions and fumes are concerned. I love mine for the noise reduction aspect. It does make a big difference. Riders can hear the music at a much lower volume now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:40 pm 
Team Axis

simo47 wrote:
I have a factory "surf pipe". It stays as cool as the water that it's in. I was worried about this the first time I deployed my wedge. It is true that the newer motors are much better as far as emissions and fumes are concerned. I love mine for the noise reduction aspect. It does make a big difference. Riders can hear the music at a much lower volume now.

More speakers fix this problem :) I guess I'm old school and like the sound of a V8 under load??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:59 pm 
Team Axis

r33pwrd wrote:
I just don't understand the fumes thing.. we have surfed for 10 hours in a day and never had anyone comment about fumes or any smell for that matter.

Mine is a 2010 so I don't have catalytic converters, my exhaust has that old school smell to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:51 pm 
Team Axis

I'm in the same boat (pre-cat). With the FAE we get no exhaust smell surfing.