It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rear ballast draining without pump on 16 A20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:05 pm 

I was wake surfing earlier today and realized the rear ballast was draining out of the drain holes of an 16 A20. The pumps were not on, wondering why this is happiening and if this is how the new system works? Thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Rear ballast draining without pump on 16 A20
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:19 am 
Team Axis

A little bit will drain out of the vent line, or is it completely draining?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 pm 

Same thing is happening to me on my A 20. The drain pump is not on and water drains out of the drain holes. There is no vent on the rear ballast so water is pushing through the pump. Was at the dealer today and they said if I extend the hose and put a loop in the drain hose it should solve the problem, but I'm not buying into it. This happens to both the pnp drain and the stock hard tank drain. Anyone have a way to solve this to get most out of the ballast?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:36 am 
Team Axis

Realmaxip wrote:
Same thing is happening to me on my A 20. The drain pump is not on and water drains out of the drain holes. There is no vent on the rear ballast so water is pushing through the pump. Was at the dealer today and they said if I extend the hose and put a loop in the drain hose it should solve the problem, but I'm not buying into it. This happens to both the pnp drain and the stock hard tank drain. Anyone have a way to solve this to get most out of the ballast?

Your dealer already gave you the correct answer. You need to loop the hose higher.

Think about it. Water seeks it's own level, and when you are planing off and the boat is tipping up, the front of your ballast bag may be higher than the thru-hull. So the water will run out of it. Once you loop the hose higher than the bag, then the water can no longer run out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 am 
Boater

This happens to me as well, I believe that when the sacs are full, there is a lot of pressure in the bag. The pressure ends up relieving itself because it's not a closed system.