It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Adding XM Radio? How to?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 am 
Team Axis

So I run the factory Sony deck with the Exile ZLD.. I would like to add satellite radio but not sure if I should buy a different deck with XM built in or use a "add-on" kit that connects directly to my ZLD in place of my deck? I currently don't use or need the deck as I run everything via Bluetooth directly to the ZLD.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Adding XM Radio? How to?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am 

If your running Bluetooth I'd just download siruis/xm on your cellphone and subscribe for online listening I think its about $10 a month. That's what I use on my boat.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:52 am 
Team Axis

JLyonz wrote:
If your running Bluetooth I'd just download siruis/xm on your cellphone and subscribe for online listening I think its about $10 a month. That's what I use on my boat.

Problem is I mainly boat where there is no cell phone signal..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:08 pm 

Are you committed to XM for some reason? Have you considered a Spotify premium account which allows you to create and download playlists for offline play. We often are in no cell coverage locations and the Spotify option works great... in fact, so well I'm considering dropping our XM car subscriptions.

If XM is your must-have, they do make the XM radios... I'm not sure if they are BT enabled, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 pm 
Team Axis

Hmm guess I need to check out Spotify as I usually have no service to use pandora

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:56 pm 
Team Axis

IdahoAxis wrote:
Are you committed to XM for some reason? Have you considered a Spotify premium account which allows you to create and download playlists for offline play. We often are in no cell coverage locations and the Spotify option works great... in fact, so well I'm considering dropping our XM car subscriptions.

If XM is your must-have, they do make the XM radios... I'm not sure if they are BT enabled, though.

I'm not a "music guy" so I think the ability to change stations and such would be easier for me. But I'll check it out.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:14 pm 

Another similar option to Spotify is Google play music. It's around 10 dollars per month and also allows you to download a much music as you want for offline listening. You can also search Playlist made from other users and download those. Online listing allows you to stream radio stations. I've been using this for about a year on my boat and would highly recommend it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:02 am 
Team Axis

JLyonz wrote:
Another similar option to Spotify is Google play music. It's around 10 dollars per month and also allows you to download a much music as you want for offline listening. You can also search Playlist made from other users and download those. Online listing allows you to stream radio stations. I've been using this for about a year on my boat and would highly recommend it!

Okay I have it now but just download (paid for) songs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 am 
Team Axis

Also Spotify just came out with their family version. $14.99/month. Its premium and each person makes their own playlists/channels they follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:19 am 

I use the XM car kit wired into the AUX connection. Found a clamp on piece from http://caddiebuddy.com/ that has the matching hole pattern. Keep up clamped on the window and can move it around as needed. Meant to take a picture but forgot.

I use the same units in my cars so I don't need another subscription, just move them back and forth.