It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New to community, question about Mission surfside Panels
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:47 am 
Boater

Hello. We purchased a 2012 Axis a22 last December and will be picking it up in a few weeks. We're coming from a 18 foot I/O and are very excited. One of the biggest things we're excited for is surfing. The boat has the upgraded bow and rear ballast bags, so I think we're set there. I am however interested in getting surf tabs(or whatever it's called). Because I've never had a true wakeboard/surf boat and know there will be lots of switching between boarding and surfing, I think it would be easier for us. I've looked at many options, and would prefer not to do any drilling, or attach Velcro to the side of our boat.

My question's are; 1. Should I just pull the trigger now, or wait until I have the boat, test it out, see if I can figure out a good wave without it and then decide.

2. Should I get both sides and just accept the extra expense or buy just one for now and buy the other one later if I need. And if I buy just the one which side should I buy. I assume right. Most of the riders are left foot forward, but we do have a lot of guests and I'm sure we'll run into some funny footed folks.

Thanks in advance for your help

Post subject: Re: New to community, question about Mission surfside Panels
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 pm 
Team Axis

Get both sides now. I have the same boat and made my own gate and now I just fill the all the ballast and surf. We tried listing the boat but hated driving with it listed and our wave with our DIY gate is better. Steering sucks turning in direction of the gate but we just turn the opposite direction.

I have stock tanks bow arrow bag and 750's in the rear. Before we built the gate we needed a decent crew to get a good wave and now my wife and I can go without anyone else and get a good wave. We have a 400 bag we put on the seat now on the surf side and our wave is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 am 
Boater

Thanks for the response vanamp. I ordered them this morning. Expensive, but hopefully worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 am 
Team Axis

It will be worth it. Just like Vanamp we had to have a pretty good crew to get a wave with no form of gate. I also ended up making my own. The downside to the platform gates are the space they take up when not in use. I think the Mission's might break down some, but been a while since I looked at them. My wife also did not like to drive with the boat listed and struggled with turning when the gate was on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:39 pm 
Boater

How did the sufrside panels work out last season? I have Swell wake system and just move it one side to the other and its suction. Its smaller than my fabbed ax-gates.