It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tower speaker install ...help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:44 pm 
Team Axis

My boat came with SP1 and I bought tower speakers and an amp as part of my winter mods and finally getting around to installing everything. I've never installed a stereo, and pulled the plugs out of the tower and see the purple wire is attached to it, do I just cut the chrome plug off the wire? How do I know which wire is which? The wire in my tower is purple but the wiring on the speaker is red and black. So how do I know I'm connecting it To thbe correct wire? Or does it not matter? I haven't opened the amp yet but I'm assuming I just wire that inline with the speaker and headunit and the power it from the battery?

TiA

Post subject: Re: Tower speaker install ...help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:06 pm 
Team Axis

I just crimped the plug the opposite way and it pulled off the wires. The color of the wires does not matter as long as the positive and negative match at the amp and speaker. I used a 9 volt battery on the wire end by the amp to tell what speaker was what wire.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:21 pm 
Team Axis

The wires from the tower are purple but one should have a black stripe. When I wired in my rev 10s I used the purple with black stripe as the negative wire which went to the black wire from your speaker.

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 pm 
Team Axis

Got my tower speakers on today...but does it matter that the hole the wire comes out isn't directly pointing down which allows the speaker to sit level? The speaker clamp has a little recess for the rubber grommet but if I line that up with the grommet/hole in the tower my speakers are pointing down slightly, which looks silly and I would think would only get worse once I'm driving the boat and have bow rise. So yeah....does that matter or no? Looks good so far, need to finish up my amp wiring for that and then have some other stereo additions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:25 am 
Team Axis

ThatGuy wrote:
Got my tower speakers on today...but does it matter that the hole the wire comes out isn't directly pointing down which allows the speaker to sit level? The speaker clamp has a little recess for the rubber grommet but if I line that up with the grommet/hole in the tower my speakers are pointing down slightly, which looks silly and I would think would only get worse once I'm driving the boat and have bow rise. So yeah....does that matter or no? Looks good so far, need to finish up my amp wiring for that and then have some other stereo additions.

Mine was the same way and I just rotated them pinching the wire a bit I'm sure... no issues yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:59 pm 
Team Axis

Got everything installed and wired up. Sounds awesome! I also added a sub and amp and it's so nice to get the lows/bass in the boat. And added the exile Bluetooth, so nice not to have to plug in anymore

Now I also bought a zone controller but didn't realize I needed amps to hook it up. So I'm considering adding an amp to my factory cabin speakers...just not sure it's worth it. Anyone comment on that? Anyone amped the factory cabin speakers? Is it a worthwhile upgrade to being able to control zones separately? Or does no one use zone control and I'm overthinking it's benefits? My thoughts are to be able to crank the towers up for a wakeboarder while keeping the cabin speakers mild...does that make sense?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:53 pm 
Team Axis

Yes amp is a must on the cabin speakers! I like the zone control as well as when we take my parents out we can turn down the cabin but the rider still has nice sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk