It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My Stereo Build Questions Post...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:05 pm 
Team Axis

EDIT....thanks for the help guys....I'll update this thread once I get everything and start installing it.

So far bought tower speakers, amp, dual zone volume control and a bluetooth receiver, gotta love sale prices! Also ordered a FAE, but that's not stereo related.

Last edited by ThatGuy on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Adding Wetsound tower speakers....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 pm 
Team Axis

Fixed or swivel is what you need. Fixed is used for if you want them permanent. Swivel allows you to move and remove them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:51 pm 
Team Axis

I have swivel on mine and love them, remove the speakers when storing or towing, that and when you're sitting at the tie up spot you can turn them where you're sitting in the water

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 pm 
Team Axis

Welp. Ordered tower speakers with the fixed mounts. The $120 savings over swivel mounts went towards the amp purchase....don't think I'd see the benefit in them for the additional cost, and knowing now that the factory sound packs just use a fixed mount made it an easier decision. Thanks for the input guys!

Post subject: Re: My Stereo Build Questions Post...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:04 pm 
Team Axis

Bump, edited first post.

Where are you guys mounting the tower control knobs? Any pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:54 pm 
Team Axis

So you only got a tower volume control knob and not a true EQ (WS420 or ZLD) to tune the towers separate from the cabins?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:04 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
So you only got a tower volume control knob and not a true EQ (WS420 or ZLD) to tune the towers separate from the cabins?

Yeah...$30 vs $300... And for now I've only got the stock stereo and 4 inboat speakers. Not much to tune I'd think. Either way I just wanted a way to turn the tower/interior speakers on/off....for example....kid sleeping in the boat while we're anchored and adults are swimming around. Figured if I could reduce the in-boat speakers some that would be nice. And vice versa....someone riding behind the boat I can crank up the tower speakers without cranking up the interior speakers making the people in the boat go deaf. Does that make sense?

BTW...Brian @ Exile Audio is VERY friendly and helpful if anyone is considering their stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:39 pm 
Team Axis

Hmmm, I guess we don't think alike as far as audio. I understand your wanting to isolate different zones in your boat as needed, we all like to isolate at times. However, getting quality tower speakers and amp as you did and then skimping on the tunability of each zone would leave me underwhelmed with my system if I went that route. However, you don't have a sub either at this point so I guess you really don't know what you're missing out yet, so to speak, by not getting a true 3 zone (tower, cabin, and sub) controlling EQ. I think you'd be surprised at how much you can tune a simple system with a zone controlling EQ. I'm sure you'll add speakers/sub as needed in the future. I remember years ago before Wet Sounds or anyone had zone controlling EQ's we would just stack 2 Clarion EQ's to control both zones lol. Enjoy your project over the off season, always fun to upgrade and modify.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:55 pm 
Team Axis

Quite possible. This is my first go round, certainly not claiming to know much of anything. Lol. But I figured this is a step in the right direction, after living with sound pack 1 all this summer anything will be a nice upgrade. And yeah once I get a sub/amp I may see the benefit of an EQ, but at that point the $30 I spent on the volume controller really won't be significant. Thanks for the input, I'll post pictures and impressions once installed in the next couple months. Gonna be jamming in the garage for awhile during winter!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:23 pm 
Team Axis

Understanding what exactly you got will help us help you... I have toggle switches to turn my "zones" off very fast without touching my zld. I mainly use this when we are trying to talk in cabin while someone is riding or when in the launch area waiting and we want tunes without the whole launch listening :)