It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: pull hard tanks and go bigger?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:26 pm 
Team Axis

Hi guys. I have discovered a crack in my rear ballast tank, it is big enough to cause my auto bilge to come on a few minutes after we start riding. It has been a few months but the leak has worsened. I pulled everything a part and tried to pull the tank out. I think I could have successfully gotten it out with someones help, but I was alone, and the tank was flexing quite a bit. So I decided to rotate it as much as possible and fix the crack. I used plastic tank putty from auto zone. It appears to have slowed the leak down, or even stopped it, but I will not know until I have the 750 filled on top of it and riding again this week...

This all got me thinking. Why don't I just pull both rear tanks and throw in a sumo 900. While I am at it, I will change the hoses to 1" ID, and get 1200GPH pumps. Right now I have fly high 750's, and I know I am only getting approx 650 out of them, so 850 each side. If the Sumo 900's will fill all the way, which I think they will, and they fill to 1000 lbs.

I know this is popular in the nautiques, older malibu's and master crafts... etc. But has anyone done this to their axis yet?

Post subject: Re: pull hard tanks and go bigger?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 am 
Team Axis

One member mentioned it a few years ago but got little response, I'd say go for it if the flooring comes out easy enough and take pictures for the others who may be considering the change, I've thought about it too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:27 am 
Team Axis

Take pictures if you do it!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:21 am 
Team Axis

If I was having issues i would do the same thing. Simplifies the ballast plumbing greatly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:42 am 
Team Axis

I've been wanting to do this for a long time but just have not got around to it. Please take pics if you do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 pm 
Team Axis

Okay, my leak stop attempt #1 did not work. It slowed it down, but it is still leaking. To be honest, I was really hoping it would not work so that I could just pull the tanks and do it right.

So, the other night after we put the kids to bed, I sat at my laptop and ordered all the pumps, fittings, adapters and sacks that I need for my project. I really hope I got it right the first time, but like any first time project, I bet I forgot something. I went with the Sumo 900's and went with 2 different pumps. Two piranha 1100s and 2 tsunami 1200's. I am going to try to get the piranha 1100's to fit into the 3/4" thru-holes on my intake.... if not, then I will have to use 3/4" to 1" adapters and then will get 2 more tsunami 1200's for the fill pumps. The drain pumps will be the tsunami 1200's for sure. I am keeping my 3/4" vent lines that I am using now, but the fill and drain lines are going to be all 1"... only issue will be the thru holes on the side of the boat, they are 3/4" and I will use reducers for the drain hole... I hope this does not restrict the drain flow and time too much. I do not want to have to cut the hole bigger... but I will if I have too.

as soon as all the stuff comes in I will install it and take pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 pm 
Team Axis

This is a big project. I am interested in seeing your pictures of the in progress work Good luck with it. I do have a question; what year is your boat and model?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:44 pm 
Team Axis

I ran the rule 1100's on a 'T' intake fitting for a rear bag split on my old 2010 A22. I didn't get much time to tweak it when I put it up for sale.
nutzach on here has it now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 pm 
Team Axis

gixxer wrote:
This is a big project. I am interested in seeing your pictures of the in progress work Good luck with it. I do have a question; what year is your boat and model?

Johnny has a 2011 A22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:50 pm 
Team Axis

yes, thanks Walter, it is a 2011 A22.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next