It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Two subs? Anyone done it?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 pm 
Boater

I have a 12" triple x Wetsounds sub I'm going to put in place of the factory sub, but I have the opportunity to get a second one pretty cheap. I was thinking about attempting to put the other in the battery/amp compartment. Possibly relocating the batteries to the useless space underneath the corner seats and re working the amp rack to make it fit. Haven't seen anyone doing this but it sure would be sweet. 4000 watts powering two 12's would surely shake the water!! Anyone attempted this or have some input?

Post subject: Re: Two subs? Anyone done it?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:16 am 
Team Axis

I'm running two 10" subs. One under the dash and one in the dry storage next to the amps. The one in the dry storage looses a bit of volume but still adds to the over all bass. Thought about somehow trying to make a port outta that storage area bc it sounds 10x better with the storage area door open or even left slightly open.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am 
Team Axis

Ya I was thinking of putting my other sub in the same spot under the corner seat. I will probably just fibreglass a tight little box not worrying about proper air space but just try to stuff the 12" in there neatly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:22 pm 

I have a '12 A22. I removed all amps and batteries from under the passenger side dash and put two tuned/ported subs underneath that area. The hard part about this was the boxes had to fit through the door on the front of the compartment and I still had to have a certain amount of volume in each box. Somebody with good fiberglass skills could really make great use of some of this space and leave plenty of storage, but my fiberglass skills aren't up to the task. I put very sturdy grill covers on those subs so that even if stuff gets put on top of the subs, they won't get damaged.

I moved the batteries (and added a third) (2 batteries for the stereo and 1 for the boat separated by a hybrid isolator) and replaced all the crappy alpine amps and speakers on the boat with Kicker gear. All three batteries and the all three amps are under the drivers console. I have the heater unit under there as well. It was a little tight getting all that stuff in there, but it was worth the effort.

Because I moved the amps:
I had to rewire all of the in-boat speakers and the tower speakers.

Because I moved the batteries:
I had to rewire the thick cabling for the starter and the bilge pump to the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 pm 
Team Axis

We Need pics of all this hard work!! Bring em on!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 pm 

I'll get some pictures posted tomorrow.