It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Any difference in these sacks???
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:27 am 
Boater

Looking for some rear sacks and the best deal obviously. curious if there is some difference to these sacks? they have the same demensions... theyre both fly high pro x series sacks, one just says axis specific? is there something im missing??

http://www.wakemakers.com/axis-wake-a22-rear-sac.html

http://www.m2sports.com/wake/ballast/fl ... total.html

the sacks from m2 are cheaper and sold in a pair...
the ones from wakemakers are more expensive and i can only assume its for one "sac" as their description describes.

Does anyone know of a good place to get these 400's??

aslo im assuming i will need this?

http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-malibu-h ... t-kit.html

Post subject: Re: Any difference in these sacks???
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 am 
Team Axis

I believe the only difference in the bags was that the "Axis" ones came with the Flow-rite quick connect fitting.

Is your setup similar to this? http://media.wakemakers.com/2013/02/201 ... st-system/

If so you'll want to see at 2013 version bags that come with 2 drain outlets. Are you planning to do any surfing? If so you might find the 400s on the small side. I'd also suggest checking out boardstop.com. They sponser the forum and you can get 10% off their prices with the "forumuser" coupon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:49 am 
Boater

yes i have a 2013, only a few weeks old. But i guess im just trying to figure out if the huge difference in price is worth the quick connect option that i'll probably never use...

I do some surfing yes, i realize it could be better with the 750's but i dont want to give up storage and i usually have a few people in the boat. i board more than surf. the factory wake is pretty garly already. i figured the 400's would do fine! i also have a skinny sack to put up front. its 370 lbs i think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 am 
Team Axis

I believe that the Wakemakers bag you listed is the W030. The other bag you listed is the W701 and is in fact sold in pairs. I made several calls around and even called Wakemakers and there really isn't a difference other than the quick connects which you can buy for about $4 each. Not worth the difference in price. Based on all my conversations I was going to go with the W701 sold in pairs.
However, I suggest that you call Boardstop and talk to those guys about it. I talked to them several times and they were extremely helpful and you can also get a 10% discount by being a fourm user.

If you are just wakeboarding then the 950 up front and the 400's on each side in the back is supposed to give you the perfect wake. (Per conversations with several sources). If you want to surf then you may want to go heavier in the back.

I ultimately decided to go with the Sumo 600's and have been very pleased.

If you are wanting to go with the 400's then go with the W701 and call Boardstop.

Hope this helps.

2012 Axis A22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:28 am 
Team Axis

You can always go with the 750s and just not fill them all the way. A better option instead of wanting more later on and then having to throw extra sacs around. I usually only have 3-4 other people in my boat, and I'm really happy I went with the 750s. I've been filling them about half way for boarding and its pretty much perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 pm 
Boater

Don't you have to build in supports for the 750's?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:27 pm 
Team Axis

No, additional supports are necessary for the 1100s though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:39 pm 
Team Axis

Before you go with the fly high 750's, do a quick search to look at the sumo 600's like Bama has. Those sacks are ready to go for your 2013 1" ballast system. They fit the locker perfectly, unlike the 750's, and hold just as much water as the 750's as they are able to completely fill.

If I had a 2013, I would definately go with the sumo 600's over both the Fly high 400's or 750's.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:30 pm 
Boater

im looking into it now, am i going to need to re-prop if i go this big?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 am 
Team Axis

If you just ride with all the bags/tanks full and a couple people on board, you are probably ok with the Cinco or 1235. But if you want to also use the wedge or have more people, a bunch of us are moving to a prop with a little more grunt. I'm going to the 2315, others are doing 2079.