It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: OJ Core vs OJ Cinco vs ACME 1235 (High Alt prop)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:30 pm 
Boater

Yea the motor mustn't be under as much load! Do you have a wedge on your boat? Do you think it makes much difference? How much weight does Randall run in his rig? Some one was saying he runs almost 4000 pounds no wedge and a 90ft rope??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:58 pm 
Team Axis

TassieA20 wrote:
Yea the motor mustn't be under as much load! Do you have a wedge on your boat? Do you think it makes much difference? How much weight does Randall run in his rig? Some one was saying he runs almost 4000 pounds no wedge and a 90ft rope??

I use the wedge when I ride because I like wake shape more vertical. I don't slam my boat though. Stock ballast full, maybe 300-400lbs in each rear sac, front PnP sac full, extra 400 sac on top of bow, and just me and a lady friend. Randall, in an interview, said he rides 90' around 28mph. However, I won't take what a pro uses just because that's his setup and he does well with it. I'll ride what I like. I cruise the lake at 25-30mph all day and often will run 38-40mph running back to the ramp just after sunset and that can be 2-3 miles or even 12-14 miles. I won't sacrifice the top speed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm 
Boater

I ride at 20mph! You ride quick man!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:05 pm 
Team Axis

TassieA20 wrote:

From what I have seen, Randall has the 400 motor, no wedge, 750's in rear, 950 bow sack, another 650-1000 triangle sack in bow (not sure how much) and a bunch of lead all over his boat. Sometimes I have even seen additional floor sacs too.

I would guess 5500 lbs he is running.

I agree with AJ. Not sure fuel savings with such an aggressive prop, such high rpms. The Core prop at 13" pitch was bad enough, but then go to a 12" pitch on the 2315or 2079... top speed of 33 mph here we come. I do not know what my gallons per hour are because I do not use a gas pump to fill up everytime, mostly 5 gallon jugs are dumped in after we ride, then I will go top off. I do know that the Cinco did extremely well with fuel consumption. I get that the higher pitch props will get up to plane faster and with less effort, so you wll save fuel, but after that initial 20 seconds, you are riding at speed and can easily go for 5-20 minutes at that rpm/speed... killing any fuel savings you had while getting up on plane.

For some of you who cruise around a lot or have a decent run to your riding spot, then this is a concern.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 am 
Boater

Just my opinion but if you are riding for 20 min straight then u ain't going hard enough! If your are learning new tricks then so u should be falling off but 20 min straight that's just a waste of time how boring you must be just standing behind the boat enjoying the views

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 am 
Team Axis

TassieA20 wrote:
Just my opinion but if you are riding for 20 min straight then u ain't going hard enough! If your are learning new tricks then so u should be falling off but 20 min straight that's just a waste of time how boring you must be just standing behind the boat enjoying the views

Don't know what you consider riding "hard enough" but my favorite spot to ride is along a mile long cliff so we run the same line back and forth, pass after pass. I can do this for 30-45 min while having fun and without "enjoying the view". I have a female friend who is a very even rider who can do every trick regular or switch and heelside or toeside. She works on being technical and clean but she will fall a lot. She also rides over an hour straight if we let her on my boat and consistently over an hour on her boat. Just ride your ride...let us ride ours before you pass judgement on who doesnt ride "hard enough".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 am 
Team Axis

TassieA20 wrote:
I ride at 20mph! You ride quick man!

I wakeboard at 22mph but if trying something new I'll go to 20mph and 5-10 feet shorter rope. Those other higher speeds in the post above were just cruising the boat around the lake.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 am 
Team Axis

Wow people need to relax. It's starting to sound like wakeworld around here

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm 
Team Axis

TassieA20 wrote:

I agree with you that if your not falling, you are not learning, but my wife can ride for 10 minutes straight before she falls, and I have ridden with some really great riders that can take a full 20 min set without falling, or falling just once. I fall every few minutes cuz I am always trying something new, or sucking, but some people can take long sets without falling.

If you are like me and fall all the time, then I think you will def. want the higher pitch prop...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:47 pm 
Team Axis

Moderator, can you edit the title of this thread to "Axis prop testing" or something more generic, I will be adding prop tests to this thread in the future. thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next