It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis Cruise vs Zero Off?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 pm 
Team Axis

Hey guys, I am a new member but have been surfing your discussions for a while now. My next boat will be an A22 and I hope to have it ordered this month. I have been putting together my list of options that I want and had a question about Axis Cruise.

I have read about some of the problems with the cruise control and how it has been resolved with the new tach's, but I have not found any discussions on if anybody has gone with a whole different system, ie: stargazer or Zero off. I am aware that the cruise control is standard, but I still want to know if I have any other options before I order.

I have been in contact with a rep from stargazer and was told their system will not work with the Axis. I have yet to hear back from someone from Zero off to see if that is a possible option. Do you know if it is possible to put a zero off system in a 2011 axis? Is anyone currently using a gps based speed system?

Thank you for your help, and I can't wait to join you as an axis owner :)

Post subject: Re: Axis Cruise vs Zero Off?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 pm 
Team Axis

Hey John - Good to see you are close to ordering an Axis. I am not sure about adding a gps system. If you haven't already, hit up one of the guys at Axis. Adam is very responsive. I haven't had any issue with my cruise (paradise swapped my tach out anyway), I always use the RPM mode.

We still need to go to Elsinore. I have only been out a few times this winter because of the rain and all the debris.

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 pm 
Team Axis

Ed, thanks for the reply.

I know the axis cruise comes standard and have used enough malibu's to be confident in it and I have no worries going with that system... just wanted to know my options. Thanks for the advice, you are right, adam is the man and gets back really quick.

I should be putting my order in this month, just waiting for the 2011's to come into the show room so i can have my wife test drive it. I am super pumped.

As far as elsinore, hit me up anytime, either on here or ww, give me atleast 1 day's notice and I will be there...

john

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm 
Axis Owner

I would suspect that either of these products would work with the Axis without much problem. Obviously you wouldn't be able to integrate either into the factory gauges, so you would have to install an additional gauge from the retrofit kit instead.
I'm interested in why the rep from perfect pass said that the Stargazer wouldn't work with the Axis. I wonder if it isn't because of some sort of agreement between Zero Off and Perfect Pass about product sales for drive by wire systems (I seem to recall something about that).
That said, the Axis Cruise has been working great for us, and is the cleanest option from an installation perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm 
Team Axis

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why pp stargazer or zero off would not work on it either. But I am not willing to purchase their system for the malibu and being a test dummy.

I just sent an email to adam at axis and will let you know what he says. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm 
Team Axis

Hey John - sent you a PM on WW. My PM here said I did not have access to reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:27 pm 
Team Axis

checked my messages on ww and there was nothing new from you, I sent you a PM on ww, let me know if you do not get it.