It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: looking to buy an axis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 pm 
Axis Owner

I am interested in buying an axis a22. I was wondering if there are any must haves on the option list or things you had wish you got but didn't. I am just shopping now but I looked at an axis at my dealer and really liked it. I liked the options on the Vandal pkg and it seems to have everything I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: looking to buy an axis
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am 
Team Axis

We pretty much got every option available. We have snap out carpet rather then the tatami mat thats available. I have heard good things about the mat option... you may want to look into that.
must haves for me were:
plug and play
wedge
chillax seats
upgraded prop
bimini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

I think if you go with the vandall package you are going to get all the options you really need.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am 

We got every option but the plug and play sacs and those are on our list for this summer!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 pm 
Axis Owner

what other boats were you looking at before buying an axis? I was considering the vlx but the prices are crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 pm 

are you buying bags from your axis dealer?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm 
Team Axis

wvidal wrote:
what other boats were you looking at before buying an axis? I was considering the vlx but the prices are crazy.

We looked at an avalanche, enzo sv230 and a moomba XLV. The AXIS feels a lot roomier then the avalanche and about the same as the 23 ft boats if not more spacious. It drives substantially better then the moomba and avalanche... I haven't driven the enzo. If you haven't driven an axis, definitely drive one, it drives like a smaller direct drive but handles well in chop.

As far as the wake - this is probably my favorite feature besides the interior space and price. The wake can go from a small, clean, kid size wake at 18 mph, to a huge clean wake (with the plug and play/wedge) within a few minutes .

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
Axis Owner

for us, the must have options regardless of budget were the following. Ours is going to come with quite a few other options in addition to the list below, but these would have remained no matter what.
pull up cleats
bolster driver's seat
plug'n'play ballast
quick collapse knobs
swivel racks
wedge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 am 

If you don't mind my asking what do dealers ask for the vandall package? I've heard 40k as the base price, but I'm afraid how much it would go up once you start throwing the goodies you know you're going to need in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 am 
Team Axis

wakeboarder3780 wrote:
If you don't mind my asking what do dealers ask for the vandall package? I've heard 40k as the base price, but I'm afraid how much it would go up once you start throwing the goodies you know you're going to need in it.

I believe 40k was the 09 price base price. I believe it has gone up a bit but. Like walter said, there are a couple fees added on top of the base price, plus if you live in CA the CAT engine is $1500 option. So the base price (with no options) right now in CA is probably just sub, mid 40s + TTL. Saying that, there is not another 2010 boat in its price range that has as much space, throws as good of wake or performs as good as an axis a22.

Rumor has it that there will be an A20. obviously that will have a lower base price.