It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Axis Changes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 pm 
Team Axis

My only concern (even before I bought one) was the durability of the vinyl. If they start upgrading everything, they're going to pass the cost onto the consumer and prices will jump up even higher.

I really do like how Axis is always listening to customers and evolving though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm 
Team Axis

I have heard the discussion regarding interior since the prior purchase of my boat. To me, Axis should continue to keep costs down and focus on things that differentiate the product from others... a wake focused boat. If I wanted a blinged out interior, fancy gauges etc, I have a lot of boats to choose from. Or I could just get a Malibu. If I want a solid boat, with a utilitarian interior, that handles exceptional, throws an amazing wake for all level of riders and priced at the lower end of the major brands... there aren't too many choices.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm 
Team Axis

I guess you guys are right. It's just a little bit of a hassle when you have to replace them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm 
Team Axis

x2 with Ed and DTBoy. Nobody wants their $50k+ liability (boat) to have interior rips and tears, but I do not want an increase in interior thickness. I have a couple little tears from the factory that are being taken care of at the end of the season and I have found a little pin hole that I will seal up. I do not care though. I want a wake machine and my family will have fun even if the seats have tears in them. I want Axis to continue to be different and push the "core" sector of the boat market... if I wanted "really nice" I would have paid for it and got a VLX.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm 
Team Axis

Imagine what Axis could/would do with a core surf boat...hmmmm. They hit a grandslam with the Axis wakeboard wake first try.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm 

I heard the vinyl is the biggest change they made for 2013 it is almost to the level of a Malibu. And the surf boat options are coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:13 pm 
Team Axis

Axischik wrote:
I heard the vinyl is the biggest change they made for 2013 it is almost to the level of a Malibu. And the surf boat options are coming.

It be nice to make a mark in the surf boat market since the most notable surf boats are in the $85k-$100k range (MB making a hit with the 23TWB at around $65k nicely loaded). Any plans for a better looking and open-back drivers seat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 pm 
Team Axis

I'd like to see GPS speed control become the standard. Using a paddle wheel seems a bit out dated.

On the vinyl, I'd like to at least see it as an option. Given the pricing on some of the options, I don't think it's going to deterrent to offer an upgrade option on that. I'm the second owner on an 09 and the last owner took good care of the boat. But it's showing wear due to the quality of vinyl. Assuming similar manufacturing and inventory cost, I don't think it would add much to the core cost to make upgraded vinyl the standard. Who wants to speed 50K and then have to replace or repair the vinyl because it wore out too fast? I'm sure from a manufacturing point of view it's a fine line between creating a price point boat and one that ends up with a cheap quality reputation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
Axischik wrote:

It be nice to make a mark in the surf boat market since the most notable surf boats are in the $85k-$100k range (MB making a hit with the 23TWB at around $65k nicely loaded). Any plans for a better looking and open-back drivers seat?

A different drivers seat design would be nice to see.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm 
Team Axis

Totally agree on vinyl option. I wasn't too pleased when I had to replace my rear bench skin with 45 hours on her.
I'd like an open back drivers seat, and a bolster that doesn't get soggy and deflate at the end of the day from wet boardshorts. I mainly drive seated on the bolster above the windshield. We have some debris on the river and with the glare from sun it's hard to see looking through window.

I don't know what it looks like under the floor, but for surfing instead of one center tank- why not two hard tanks on each side starting at dash and moving towards bow?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next