It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rear Ballast Hard Tanks not filling
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 pm 
Axis Owner

Hey Guys,

I have a 2010 Axis A22 vandall edition and the past 4 times I have taken it out I have had problems getting the 2 rear fill ballast pumps to fill the tanks. What I have found that works is if I run the fill pump and go under the boat and fan some water up in the seacock, it will start filling. Not sure why this is. They worked for the first half of summer. I have taken both pumps apart and everything looks fine. Not sure what the problem could be. The center ballast works perfectly fine and also the drain pumps for the 2 rear tanks works great. I don't have the plug n play installed yet so that is not an issue. The boat is still under warranty so just wanted to see what you guys might think is the problem. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Rear Ballast Hard Tanks not filling
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:37 pm 
Team Axis

My pumps act up every now and then too, I usually just start moving around 20 mph and then turn on the pumps and after they prime i slow down, they just get airlocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 pm 
Axis Owner

Oh ok. I have never tried going that fast in order to get them to prime. I will give that a shot next time. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:43 am 

The same works for me. The dealer told me to take it to about 12mph, but I found that getting up to about riding speed helps much more. Now I'm having problems with the left rear taking about as long as the center to fill and empty. I noticed that when I click it to "drain" and then back to "fill," it fills it faster. I hope I didn't partially burn the pump out when I was trying to figure the whole airlock thing myself.