It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Auto Volume Control - 2014 Axis A24
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 am 
Team Axis

Hey -- anyone familiar with the Auto Volume Control on the older Axis A24 with the Sony CDX-H910UI Receiver?

The auto volume quit working and I replaced the Auto Volume Controller (7050-160000) made by Medallion. But that did not fix the problem. Are there any other modules that I should be looking for? What signals the controller to reduce the volume -- engine RPMs?

I would prefer to fix this issue versus replacing the entire radio receiver

Thanks

Jim

Boat Name: Who's Next

Post subject: Re: Auto Volume Control - 2014 Axis A24
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:12 pm 
Team Axis

I had problems with the plug falling out of the Sony on my 2014 A22. I modified the plug and that fixed it. Also I have had to play with the adjustment of the signal from the boat so it would go up and down an appropriate amount based on RPM change. That is done by pressing both buttons on the tach to get to the menu. Once there you can scroll down to the radio volume controls and make sure it is enabled and play with the setting.

Recently my original Sony unit died and I replaced it with a new Sony. The settings were way too high and it over does the volume change. It was annoying so I went in and disabled it. Next time I am alone on the boat and can play, I will find the new setting for the new radio. I miss the auto volume since it let us talk to the boarder in the water between pulls.

Wayne