It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MIL FAULT CODE 4237
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:56 pm 

Wondering if anyone has had this fault code come up and what was done to fix it. When I look it up is says Long-term Fuel Trim – Bank 1. I called a dealer to get their take on it and they said it told them it was a misfire to do plugs, wires, cap and rotor.... but... the boat doesn’t have a cap and rotor... makes me question them a little. I plan to do plugs and wires and test coils. But would like to hear if anyone else has had this code pop up and what was done. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: MIL FAULT CODE 4237
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:44 am 

I know it's been a while since you posted. The is the downstream O2 sensor on your cat on the starboard side (I think its that side)... I had same prob but with 4237 and 4239 which is both sides. I swapped plug, ran new gas with a bottle of Seafoam and code never came back up. Most boat techs can plug up and tell you want your trim %s are running at, they need to be no more than +10% or -10%... a good range is 5-7% (positive or negative is fine.)

Other reason could be bad sensor or fuel pump is struggling. Or, possibly manifold overheating and causing issues with sensor.