It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2017 axis t22 won’t start
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:24 pm 

Hey guys, so last week I had the boat out and everything was fine. Took the boat out today and get to the water and the motor won’t even attempt to start. I’ve got plenty of power, kill switch pull cord is good, it’s in neutral and it’s like no signal is being sent to the starter. Resorted to numbing the starter with a screw driver and it started right up and ran fine all day, just doesn’t seem to be getting any signal to turn the starter. Fuses and relays all look good and all relays click so I think they are getting signal... appreciate any and all help if anyone has any good ideas.

Post subject: Re: 2017 axis t22 won’t start
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:37 pm 

Did you check the battery and starter grounds? Sometimes grounds can work their way loose or you get corrosion and you have intermittent contact. Also just because the kill switch cord and shifter appear "good" you may have to check continuity in the circuits.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:48 pm 

Thanks for the reply, grounds have been checked, starter tested, relays and fuses all good, going to check continuity of the kill switch and safety neutral switch. Would be great if I had a wire diagram for this but I’ve reached out and haven’t received anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:16 pm 

Also check the connections on the alternator. A loose wire here also creates intermittent contact and can cause a boat not to start.