It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Engine Service Required - MIL Light
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 pm 
Team Axis

I have read some on this but... first day out with my 2015 T22 we went through the no wake zone then ran about 23 mph for about a mile and a half turned boat off... sat for about 10 min. Fired it back up idled for about 10 seconds then that MIL warning light popped up. I turned it off immediately. Turned it back on and it never happened again the rest of the day... surfed wakeboarded and drove it a pretty good distance. Only 136 hours on it. I asked the previous owner about it and he said it only happened 1 time last year while loading it on the trailer. Said he only had it out three times this year. Boat looks and runs like brand new. This is my 3rd Axis and 4th Malibu product. Seems to be a common problem. It has the 350 Monsoon. No codes stored on display.

Post subject: Re: Engine Service Required - MIL Light
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:48 am 

Mine does the same thing, I have a 2015 A22 I bought January of 19 with only 20 hours it (now has 175 hours on it) mine only flashes up when I am in slow speed for a long period of time, I shut boat off and immediately re-crank it and we are good to go... it didn't do it first weekend out a couple weeks ago but did it this past weekend one time, last year was like at least once day.

any idea why it would do that? it only comes on in when I am in a long no wake cove and have no choice but to move slow.... at speed it never happens.

Post subject: Engine Service Required - MIL Light
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 pm 
Team Axis

I’ve had the MIL light come on multiple times through the 360 hours on a 2017 409 pcm, still under warranty. I’ve taken it to the dealer on unrelated issues but had them run a diagnostic and the codes never showed up as a problem. My engine runs great so never a real concern of mine. It’s happened about 4 or 5 times randomly for me. I personally think it’s just some gremlins in the computer, which is why I chose an Axis over a BU with all the greatest technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Engine Service Required - MIL Light
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:44 am 
Team Axis

My 2017 would do this when warm & over 3500 rpm. It was a manifold temp issue. The circulation pump was missing a casting plug from factory. It was not pumping enough water to cool the manifold properly. It was finally fixed & runs great now.