It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Rear plug and play ballast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm 

onwi wrote:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00A8OVDJ0?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-win70-other-smile-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-5&ref=aa_scomp&fbclid=IwAR2nV9eakmpnl4IBxy-ey4U5Xl_N7yqrzlrcZ_WulqPKET01Jy3XYUH6A-g

I've got a 2012 A20 with 750s in the rear above the hard tanks. My bags, and yours I assume, have 2 top fittings and one bottom. I've solved the issues with the interval style draining. My rear system works like this. I fill from the top. That is, the fill pump attaches to the top of the bag. The bag is then connected at the back of the bag to the tank via the drain pump (linked above, explained below). The front tank fittings are tied together for the tank vent and I have attached the second top bag attachment via a wye to the tank vent line. So both the tank and the bag are vented - no need to burp.
The key is to replace the drain pump, attached to the rear of the tank, with a dual inlet tank body. The outlet on the pump obviously goes to the side of the boat for discharge. The bottom of the pump is screwed onto the tank like the pump being replaced and the drain of the bag is connected via tubing to the drain pump.
This way the drain pump, when turned on, drains both the bag and the tank. No more need to drain the bag into the tank prior to discharge.

An added bonus is that now everything drains best when you are a little bow up. The front pnp bag is already like this, but before the rear bags drained in the front. Now, with the rear bags draining toward the rear everything drains best bow up.

This sounds exactly like what I am running. With it set up like I have and you had,I haven’t done much playing with it, does the top hose just vent? Or is that a fill line. I looked with the boat in the garage and my I understanding is I can turn the bag around and drain out the back with a new pump. So do I need to add a line to fill? Or is that most add a line as a vent so no need to self vent. Thanks for the help. Trying to figure out the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:49 pm 

Last fall I purchased my first boat. It's a 2014 A24. It has the plug and play set up with Fat Sacs in the rear lockers. Now that my kids are getting better on their wakeboard, we've started adding ballast. I have a couple of questions.

1) When I go to drain the bags, the pumps move a lot of water. However, when the bag is about 1/2 full, the stream out of the boat really slows to a trickle. It takes a long time to actually empty the bags (15+ min).
2) I watched a video on Wakemakers that showed how the plug and play system should be plumbed. My boat seems to be plumbed differently. My bag has a connection on the top and one at the front. There's a hose that comes up from under the subfloor that appears to be part of the plug and play system, but it's not being used. It's just capped off. Does this make sense?

Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

I would try and see where those lines go. sounds like they hooked them up like the older plug and play that only used one fill and drain.