It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Center tank leaking?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 pm 
Team Axis

2015 Axis T22

I have noticed this summer that every time I fill my center ballast tank my bilge pumps start running. I finally had my son look into the access hole while we were surfing with the fill pump running and he said it seemed like water was coming off of the top of the tank. Shortly there after I got a service required alarm and the boat shut down. Temps and oil pressure were good. Drained the bags and bilge, reset the system and all was fine after that.

Anyone else have this issue before?

Has anyone pulled this tank?

Repair recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Center tank leaking?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 am 
Team Axis

Repairing that tank seems like it would be quite difficult. Before I did anything I would verify that the problem absolutely lies with the tank. I would take the boat out, fill only the tank until it is spilling from the vent, and then drive around for 20 minutes. Because the tubing for the front bag, in my boat at least, is so close to the top of the tank, I'd want to verify it isn't a much easier to fix issue with the front pnp system.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:54 am 
Team Axis

onwi wrote:
Repairing that tank seems like it would be quite difficult. Before I did anything I would verify that the problem absolutely lies with the tank. I would take the boat out, fill only the tank until it is spilling from the vent, and then drive around for 20 minutes. Because the tubing for the front bag, in my boat at least, is so close to the top of the tank, I'd want to verify it isn't a much easier to fix issue with the front pnp system.

I agree. None of this sounds fun. That’s why I’m asking around.

I typically fill the center tank when my son wakeboards. This is when I noticed the problem. I can fill the front and rears and be fine, it ONLY happens when filling the front tank.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:18 pm 
Team Axis

I would fill up the center tank while the boat is on the trailer. Then you will know for sure if it's coming from there

Post subject: Center tank leaking?
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:40 pm 
Team Axis

Bring this back to the top for 2 reasons, #1 I did a little more research on the boat today, #2, hoping it may spark some idea or past experiences for someone that can help me out.

Hooked a hose up to the fill line on the center tank today and filled up the tank. All was well. As soon as it “should” of started flowing out of the vent I can hear water flowing in front of the tank. Tells me I have a vent line issue. I get very little Water coming out of the vent in the side of the hull.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by ndahlberg12 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:36 am 
Team Axis

Cracked vent fitting, split hose or leak in vent line.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:18 am 

I am having the same issue. Does anybody know how to get to the vent hose? I see the two fittings on the back of the center tank through the access hole but don’t know how to get to the front where I’m guessing the vent hose is. Thanks for any help.