It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2011 A20 front drain plug and pump access???
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am 
Boater

I have a 2011 A20 and cannot figure out how to get to my front (center) drain plug and the front ballast pumps. I DO NOT have the black circular access port near the drivers seat. I have removed the large floor access hatch and all I can really get to is the top of the fuel tank. My front drain pump is seized up. Any ideas aside from taking out the fuel tank? I have considered contacting Axis for a retrofit access hatch and installing it since they apparently forgot to do it on mine. Is this common in the 2011's? or am I the only one that doesnt have an access hatch?

Post subject: Re: 2011 A20 front drain plug and pump access???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:39 am 
Axis Owner

I have a 2012 A20 and it does have the front access cover, I have never seen an A20 without that access. You can purchase an aftermarket access port if the dealer wont assist you with this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 am 
Team Axis

I don't know if the hole is big enough, but you could see if you can fit your hands where the tubing for the front pnp bag comes up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 am 
Team Axis

If you remove the side panels to the front locker in the walk thru and try to get to it that way. But even though you may be able to get both hands(one per side) to there but it will be a blind feel as you won’t be able to see. I would venture a call to Malibu/Axis , send picture and see what they will do

You must live with water in your center bilge and how this never became an issue before now is amazing even if bought used

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 am 

That's bizarre, I have a 2011 A20 and I have the black circular mid-ship access..... I would take it to the dealer and ask about it...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:16 pm 
Boater

granddaddy55 wrote:
If you remove the side panels to the front locker in the walk thru and try to get to it that way. But even though you may be able to get both hands(one per side) to there but it will be a blind feel as you won’t be able to see. I would venture a call to Malibu/Axis , send picture and see what they will do

You must live with water in your center bilge and how this never became an issue before now is amazing even if bought used

I have always just pulled the rear drain in my steep driveway each night. I get the water out. I did finally cut an access port under the walk through area to access the bilge, and replace the pumps. Axis was not helpful at all in the matter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:16 am 

nebwake wrote:
granddaddy55 wrote:

I have always just pulled the rear drain in my steep driveway each night. I get the water out. I did finally cut an access port under the walk through area to access the bilge, and replace the pumps. Axis was not helpful at all in the matter.

I'm about to do that myself - I don't see how it's possible to work on the pumps through that circular hatch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm 

I wanted to upgrade the pumps to 1100gph - there was no way I could see being able to do this through the black circular hatch by the drivers seat so I cut away a section of the walkthrough and added 2 more hatches into the floor. I will drill another circular hole which will be the fill / drain line for the bow arrow sac and allow water to drain into the center bilge..

Attachments:
center hatches.jpeg
center hatches.jpeg [ 180.38 KiB | Viewed 19560 times ]