It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Major Issues
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am 
Boater

Brothers and Sisters,

I need your opinion on a issue I’m having with my T23. From the factory Malibu misrouted my floor drain hoses on the stbrd side under seat storage. The lockers just fill with water and don’t drain. My selling dealer did warranty work and said they cleared the foam that was in the drain tubes out. Tested it this last week after being out on the lake and they didn’t fix anything. It appears the original dealer doing the warranty work drilled through the actual drain line into the void spaces of the boat after re taking the boat in for a warranty claim again on the same issue. The foam pinched the hose originally from being misrouted and improperly installed at the factory before binding the top and bottom

To fix this issue they created and the original misrouting from the factory they have to cut through the hull and stringer, then clear the uscg required foam to properly replace and reroute the hose, then refill the foam for proper bouyancy, refined glass and gel the work area. They said they leave a hole in the stringer as there are already 27 holes in the stringer for normal hoses and construction. Anyhow this boat came with a shit ton of misrouted hoses improperly installed locker floors etc that I’ve had to troubleshoot warranty etc. my dash also seems to rise on ge driver side when it’s hot iut and they have no fix for it.

To top it off the boat has been having a siphon issue in the stbrd ballast that’s has had to
Be fixed twice now and several other small issues. At this point I’m very frustrated as this is a brand new boat with less then 50 hours on it that’s been in for warranty work now for the third time and each time keeps me off the water while I’m paying for this expensive machine. Not to mention the dealer making the issue worse which gives me no faith in them for service. This other company local to me that generates tbeir work via that dealer or Malibu is amazing that said.

I’m to the point where I’m ready to take the boat back and tell them to give me a new one and they can take the loss on repair time and any value loss from all the warranty work to be done.

Let me hear your thoughts and opinions on this and if you think Malibu should replace or buy the boat back.

Thanks,

Justin

Post subject: Re: Major Issues
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 am 
Team Axis

Have you talked to Malibu and told them this? Talk to Dan Moorman. This boat sounds like it just wasn't put together right. Malibu should take it back to factory, take the cap off and redo the whole thing. Too many potential problems to be made which require more time if not done by the right people.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm 
Boater

Talked to Dan already, he was of zero help or concern, my local repair facility also did and that’s how the original plan was created to fix it. Dan was fine with it being done there as am I confident they will do a good job as well, they have been an amazing local shop.

What concerens me is the lack of any apology for the misconstruction on Malibu’s part, the lack of the original dealer filing any paperwork for all the other above repairs so Malibu had no idea it had already been attempted to be fixed already, and the lack or Malibu being concerned about that. Apparently they are totally ok with dealers doing whatever they want and not recording it as a warranty though it falls in that category. In addition to the above issue I also have had issue with the surfgate just blanking out on the screen and not working until I shut down and kill batteries and this was never reported though they investigated it and it’s happened several times. To me for a new boat it’s been less than an ideal experience

Also the lack of any concern on Malibu’s part for the down time for the repairs and re fiberglassing and re gelling the stringer as both the dealer and locks shop out source their gelcoat. I’m out of my boat for several weeks during the start of summer. Yay. And I thought malibu was known for their awesome customer service, apparently not, definetly not if your talking to Dan

Here’s to letting them pull the gas tank out of the floor and get to work :shock: , would have been great to have this done right the first time in the off season

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:13 am 
Team Axis

Judders wrote:
Talked to Dan already, he was of zero help or concern, my local repair facility also did and that’s how the original plan was created to fix it. Dan was fine with it being done there as am I confident they will do a good job as well, they have been an amazing local shop.

What concerens me is the lack of any apology for the misconstruction on Malibu’s part, the lack of the original dealer filing any paperwork for all the other above repairs so Malibu had no idea it had already been attempted to be fixed already, and the lack or Malibu being concerned about that. Apparently they are totally ok with dealers doing whatever they want and not recording it as a warranty though it falls in that category. In addition to the above issue I also have had issue with the surfgate just blanking out on the screen and not working until I shut down and kill batteries and this was never reported though they investigated it and it’s happened several times. To me for a new boat it’s been less than an ideal experience

Also the lack of any concern on Malibu’s part for the down time for the repairs and re fiberglassing and re gelling the stringer as both the dealer and locks shop out source their gelcoat. I’m out of my boat for several weeks during the start of summer. Yay. And I thought malibu was known for their awesome customer service, apparently not, definetly not if your talking to Dan

Here’s to letting them pull the gas tank out of the floor and get to work :shock: , would have been great to have this done right the first time in the off season

Certainly not the impression I have gotten from him at all. Always helpful with advise, etc.

Did you go into the call with an attitude?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:51 pm 
Boater

A22owner wrote:
Judders wrote:

Certainly not the impression I have gotten from him at all. Always helpful with advise, etc.

Did you go into the call with an attitude?

Not until there was no concern for all the other issues, of course I'm going to be frustrated when i find out they have no clue about any of the ongoing issues and warranty work already completed, when there is zero concern about that I stand firm on my belief about their company going forward now. Warranty work needs to be documented both for sale down the road and so the manufacturing company knows its issues for quality control.

I left several voicemails with customer service about the same concerns with no call back, dan was the only person to answer the phone and that was because I had his direct line. Next boat will not be a malibu or axis just based on that conversation and customer service disregarding any call back.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:50 pm 
Team Axis

Judders wrote:
Not until there was no concern for all the other issues, of course I'm going to be frustrated when i find out they have no clue about any of the ongoing issues and warranty work already completed, when there is zero concern about that I stand firm on my belief about their company going forward now. Warranty work needs to be documented both for sale down the road and so the manufacturing company knows its issues for quality control.

I left several voicemails with customer service about the same concerns with no call back, dan was the only person to answer the phone and that was because I had his direct line. Next boat will not be a malibu or axis just based on that conversation and customer service disregarding any call back.

So it sounds like the dealer didn't inform them or bother to file any claims. Malibu doesn't have any control over that and I imagine Dan would have a talk with them about that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 am 
Boater

A22owner wrote:
Judders wrote:

So it sounds like the dealer didn't inform them or bother to file any claims. Malibu doesn't have any control over that and I imagine Dan would have a talk with them about that.

My point is Dan, i.e. malibu, was totally fine with how they did they paperwork on their end, ok if they cove the costs of a warranty and not report it, and not even concerned they made the issue worse. Thats an issue

It will get fixed, I will enjoy my boat, but I have zero confidence in malibus "great" customer service and zero concern of quality control from the factory. I realize this is the dealers fault for not reporting, the issue itself came from the factory that said. But when your the top dog in the industry things that got you there tend to get set aside. I am sure glad my boat isn't going back to the factory that said

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 pm 
Team Axis

Judders wrote:
A22owner wrote:
Judders wrote:

My point is Dan, i.e. malibu, was totally fine with how they did they paperwork on their end, ok if they cove the costs of a warranty and not report it, and not even concerned they made the issue worse. Thats an issue

It will get fixed, I will enjoy my boat, but I have zero confidence in malibus "great" customer service and zero concern of quality control from the factory. I realize this is the dealers fault for not reporting, the issue itself came from the factory that said. But when your the top dog in the industry things that got you there tend to get set aside. I am sure glad my boat isn't going back to the factory that said
I agree with you 100% on QC coming out of malibu/axis. I've had 2 Axis boats built, a 16 A20 and a 18 T22. Both came from the factory with things that blew my mind as far as letting something out of the factory like that. It seems they just send the boats out and let the dealers clean up after them. Luckily Boulder Boats over here in AZ is my dealer and I consider them family. They go above and beyond to make everything right. Having a great dealer is key in buying any boat, every boat manufacturer has issues. Shoot....my buddy just got a 18 G23 and has nothing but problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 am 
Team Axis

Judders wrote:

Perhaps your impression of this isn't actually what it is. It's is an emotional thing and when we are discussing emotional things those emotions tend to skew our perception of the discussion.

That's my point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:49 am 
Team Axis

It depends on your dealer and agree that never should have hit the lake again after it was F'd up.

Read this Malibu ... you keep this up you'll keep losing customers.

I did not have this bad of an experience and I can tell you the run around I got from my warranty issues between my dealer and Malibu for over a year was BS.

Guarantee I won't get another Axis or Malibu ...