It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is Sound Pack 1 pre wired for bow speakers & tower speaker?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:20 am 
Team Axis

This is a 2011 A22 model Im looking at that only has the crappy sound pack 1 with a deck & 4 speakers. I would be adding bow speakers & amps & tower speakers. I have heard the boats are prewired for dock & underwater lighting but wanted to know if the bow speakrs locations are prewired as well as the tower for tower speakers? Im assuming nothing is prewired to run the amps in the factory locations though?

Post subject: Re: Is Sound Pack 1 pre wired for bow speakers & tower speak
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:43 pm 
Team Axis

On my 2011, I believe it has stereo option 1 or 2. (6 61/2 speakers, one amp, and head unit). They did prewire the tower. On mine, there were 4 silver plugs (about the size of a dime). Pulled the plug down and the speaker wire was crimped to it. You're probably going to want to replace the power/ground amp wires to 0 or 4 gauge going to the distribution block and from there 4 gauge to amps. I believe they used 8 gauge at the factory.

It's really easy to run cable in the boat, and tower. I ended up replacing the tower wire for a thicker gauge.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm 
Team Axis

Now that Im looking online, some sound pack 1 boats have speakers in the bow and some don't. I think all of the sound pack 1 boats only have four 6.5 coax speakers though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:27 pm 
Team Axis

I'll have to ask the dealer next time i'm up there. They had a brand new 2012 up there with the sound pack 1 and it only had 4 cabins (they're sending it off for custom system for boat show). I'm pretty sure my 2011 is the option 1, but I have 4 in cabin, 2 in bow. I thought the option 2 added tower speakers and the option 3 included the sub??

Maybe they changed the options around for 2012??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm 
Team Axis

Option 1- radio and 4 speakers
Option 2- radio, 2 amps, 6 cab speakers, 4 towers, and sub
Option 3- should have been wet sounds equipment from what I remember.

These were the standard packages from what I recall. Of course your dealer could have ordered a boat any which way they wanted.

I have option 2 on my 2011. All the stuff plus a wired transom remote.

If the boat is not prewired it is so easy to wire them. I used to work at a Centurion dealer, doing custom systems. I would get locked in the shop over night. I am a installer at Best Buy. Worked for Circuit City and a few other places. I would rather work on boats all day.

As for the pre-wire for underwater lighting and docking lights, they are pre-wired. On my Vandall I do not have underwater lighting because the salt water here in VA Beach is like 2 inches of visibility. I didnt feel they would look good.