It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2014 surfgate spray, how to eliminate
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 pm 
Team Axis

I want to eliminate my 2014 a20 Surfgate spray, to clean up the wave without listing or reducing opposite side sac fill, did Axis come up with a fix it part? I understand they raised the paddles on later models to eliminate it

Post subject: Re: 2014 surfgate spray, how to eliminate
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 pm 
Team Axis

I am curious to know if you ever found a solution to this problem.
I have the same issue on my A20

Post subject: Re: 2014 surfgate spray, how to eliminate
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm 
Team Axis

Yes on goofy side by serious listing with mostly emptying rear opposite locker sac and 3 150's on goofy side of bow, I run 850's rear, 950 front mushroom plus stock and wedge and I plug the vent and drain holes on goofy side rear to keep sac full, I constantly fill front mushroom cause if I plug that it forces water out of the upside down trap vent under dash anyway from pressure of water from bow rise, so I just refill that instead of plug. Be careful how much you fill mushroom bag cause windshield splits apart if to full, so I watch windshield to see it start to separate and then stop, so constantly refilling it due to bow rise water pressure forcing it out of the vent

I can keep both sides relatively clean with no extra bow weight but the wave is short and peaky and it's fun but as the guys on site point out not as much fun as a longer more pushy wave

With regular side I haven't completely eliminated it from wave surface yet but plan to do more listing with even more water weight out of opposite rear sac. The regular wave on the older surfgate models sucks compared to goofy, I got it longer and pushy, just can't get it cleaned up or near as big as the prop rotation goofy side when I extend its length with more bow weight and listing