It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2016 Sound pack 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:34 am 
Team Axis

Does anyone know what amps drive what speakers? I haven't got my boat yet(dealer has it in storage) but specs say Ht2/Ht6 for 11 speakers, the system has to be way underpowered.

Post subject: Re: 2016 Sound pack 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:58 am 

I'll take a look when I get to the boat later today. I know there's 3 amps. 2 wet sounds, 1 kicker. And the boat sounds great! Definitely not underpowered in my opinion.not sure which amp runs what though.
http://imgur.com/bX6vlQN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 am 
Team Axis

I have sound pack 3 and was told the syn6 controls the Inside sy4 Towers and kicker for head unit. Sounds Good

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:36 am 
Team Axis

nitrous1 wrote:
Does anyone know what amps drive what speakers? I haven't got my boat yet(dealer has it in storage) but specs say Ht2/Ht6 for 11 speakers, the system has to be way underpowered.

HT2 is running the icon8s which handle 150 watts rms and that is exactly what they are getting from that amp.

HT6 is sending 300 watts to the FA-10" sub which is also its RMS rating. The 6 in boat speakers are receiving 100+ watts each from the other 4 channels of the HT6. Definitely not underpowered but definitely not tuned right from malibu.

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:08 am 
Team Axis

Thanks for the replys, you know how it goes, new boat in storage and a long winter! I got a email from crutchfield and noticed HT-4's on sale and started looking at specs and to me it looks like that system could use one to power the tower speakers, then use the ht-2 to drive the sub alone or maybe add a second sub and the ht6 for the interior speakers

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:02 am 
Team Axis

just wanted to chime in and let everyone know I had the local stereo shop swap out the 10" for a jl 12" sub ( I have SP2) and the system sounds a 1000 times better. I think mine was tuned badly from the factory but for a little bit of cash it made a huge difference.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:20 am 
Team Axis

The sub is an infinite baffle (free air) set up and as a general rule they are kinda garbage for anyone wanting a good amount of low end. The issue becomes that without the enclosure airspace "controlling" the movement of the speaker cone when you start to push on them the cone will move non-uniformly and start to distort. The prev poster was correct that if you want a really good tight sound replacing that sub will be your best bet. Mine is going in friday for 2 Rockford Power 10" subs and 2 power 500W amps. This thing should make the water boil around the boat when getting after it.

On another note I was out with my dealer last week and he had mentioned that there should have been stickers on the amps that if removed and gains adjusted the warranty was void? Mine did not have these?

I had posted in another thread that the amps were so far "de-tuned" that the sub hardly played. I originally started adjusting things when I thought it was not on at all. To get mine sounding as good as it could all zones had to be adjusted and level matched. Bottom line Axis makes great boats but having been in the stereo industry for years and years either their stereo guy needs some education or they dial these down so far to try and protect warranty claims. Problem with that theory becomes that in order to get them to sound 1/2 way good people are going to be railing on the system and that's when things start to break.

As a general rule speakers don't blow because of too much power - they blow from too little and guys trying to get more out of them. Distortion kills speakers not power.

1978 Bandit Trans-Am

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:27 am 
Team Axis

You guys should hear "Alexanders" (member on here) Arc Audio 15" sub in his custom enclosure. The water doesn't just boil, you can see his windshield frame moving. It's crazy low and clean. Next I'm also doing the 15" sub and enclosure by Hydrotunes of Austin, Tx

I also agree on the comment about boat builders not having stereos tuned.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:01 pm 
Team Axis

2016A22inCO wrote:
The sub is an infinite baffle (free air) set up and as a general rule they are kinda garbage for anyone wanting a good amount of low end. The issue becomes that without the enclosure airspace "controlling" the movement of the speaker cone when you start to push on them the cone will move non-uniformly and start to distort. The prev poster was correct that if you want a really good tight sound replacing that sub will be your best bet. Mine is going in friday for 2 Rockford Power 10" subs and 2 power 500W amps. This thing should make the water boil around the boat when getting after it.

On another note I was out with my dealer last week and he had mentioned that there should have been stickers on the amps that if removed and gains adjusted the warranty was void? Mine did not have these?

I had posted in another thread that the amps were so far "de-tuned" that the sub hardly played. I originally started adjusting things when I thought it was not on at all. To get mine sounding as good as it could all zones had to be adjusted and level matched. Bottom line Axis makes great boats but having been in the stereo industry for years and years either their stereo guy needs some education or they dial these down so far to try and protect warranty claims. Problem with that theory becomes that in order to get them to sound 1/2 way good people are going to be railing on the system and that's when things start to break.

As a general rule speakers don't blow because of too much power - they blow from too little and guys trying to get more out of them. Distortion kills speakers not power.

yeah I probably should have been clearer but they did a custom enclosure for my 12" JL. not just a strait swap. crazy how big of a change it is though, I am very impressed.

might be a little off topic but I am thinking to go with 4 rev8's on the tower and a 3 amp setup. or a pair of rev 10's ( but I really don't want to loose the head space I am 6-3) ht 2 for subs ht 6 for inboats and new amp for the tower. once I go to three amps should look into a 3rd battery and an onboard charger? I rarely sit around playing loud music ( if I do I am at the dock and I have charger there) so the only time we are really pushing the system is when riding.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:24 pm 
Team Axis

can anyone confirm the SP2 amp wiring setup? Are there power and ground distro blocks? If so do they have an open port to add a third amp or am I going to need to replace the distro blocks with new 1 into 3 blocks to add a third amp?