It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gatorstep or Decadence Flooring?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:03 pm 
Boater

r33pwrd wrote:
03Dvldog wrote:
I have Gator-Step. I originally wanted Decadence flooring for my 2015 Axis A22 but It was not offered as an option in 2015. Decadence is now going to offer it again for 2016 from Malibu factory as an option.

I do like the Gator-step flooring that I have in gray, looks very nice but.... Only problem with Gator-step is that its hard to clean if someone steps on your flooring with dirty sandles/shoes. It seems to absorb whatever dirt or grease/grime that gets on it and seems to stain easy.

Both are a better option than carpet in my mind though.

How well does the gator step clean up? I was planning on taking my boat to them next month... but I don't want something that takes a ton of work to look good.

It is tough to clean with soap and water. I have the light gray so maybe it would be less noticeable on their Brown Teak color. But it looks a lot nicer than carpet!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:06 pm 
Boater

Here's a look at the install I did on my boat. Super easy to install. Just peel and stick after you clean the surface.

Attachments:
IMAG1701_resized.jpg
IMAG1701_resized.jpg [ 180.92 KiB | Viewed 20519 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:05 pm 
Team Axis

DevilDog, I'm assuming you are or were a Marine. I'm Navy.

Anyways, how much was your kit for the floor? And is that an A22 kit or what boat is it for?

I'm still weighing my options.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 pm 
Team Axis

03Dvldog wrote:
Here's a look at the install I did on my boat. Super easy to install. Just peel and stick after you clean the surface.

Looks so good!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm 
Team Axis

get_sum wrote:
DevilDog, I'm assuming you are or were a Marine. I'm Navy.

Anyways, how much was your kit for the floor? And is that an A22 kit or what boat is it for?

I'm still weighing my options.

Call AJ at gatorstep he can email you a breakdown of each piece. It's not that expensive imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:05 am 

Where did you order those pads from?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:18 am 

Will be picking up my T23 on April 15th and will be doing all gator step flooring and will report back with the results.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:41 pm 
Team Axis

Dvldog

That looks awesome. Is that the Scraped Pearl Ultra Plank?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 am 
Team Axis

I ordered deckadence in my A20 mainly for ease of cleaning. While I don't yet have experience with either, I was told the deckadence you can take out of the boat and hit with a pressure washer. I was also told the gator step gets stained easily and is difficult to clean. Having 2 boys ages 6 and 8 I expect there will many times I'll want to take the flooring out and clean it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:23 am 
Team Axis

gtoddh wrote:
I ordered deckadence in my A20 mainly for ease of cleaning. While I don't yet have experience with either, I was told the deckadence you can take out of the boat and hit with a pressure washer. I was also told the gator step gets stained easily and is difficult to clean. Having 2 boys ages 6 and 8 I expect there will many times I'll want to take the flooring out and clean it.

If you trailer a lot be careful, there's no snaps, it just lays on the floor so it could blow out if for some reason some air/wind gets under it. Also, deckadence is a love/hate thing with hate winning slightly. To me it feels weird, harsh, and fairly rough. It does clean easy but be careful with any pressure washers, it will advance the deterioration of it as it does have a life span I've read on a couple forums. A water hose with a spray nozzle is enough to clean it. I had it in the center ballast locker under a 1200lb ballast bag in my Supra. Seems all options of flooring though have their pros and cons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next