It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gatorstep or Decadence Flooring?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:40 am 
Team Axis

gtoddh wrote:
I ordered deckadence in my A20 mainly for ease of cleaning. While I don't yet have experience with either, I was told the deckadence you can take out of the boat and hit with a pressure washer. I was also told the gator step gets stained easily and is difficult to clean. Having 2 boys ages 6 and 8 I expect there will many times I'll want to take the flooring out and clean it.

I have the same concern but decided gator step simply for the look and feel. I figure being able to replace individual pieces will help if something gets stained.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:09 pm 
Team Axis

I was lead to believe that gatorstep was like seadek and did not stain due to the "closed cell" makeup. Can anyone confirm this? I ordered mine without flooring and will be ordering something in the near future. Just trying to cover my bases first.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:31 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
gtoddh wrote:
I ordered deckadence in my A20 mainly for ease of cleaning.

If you trailer a lot be careful, there's no snaps, it just lays on the floor so it could blow out if for some reason some air/wind gets under it. Also, deckadence is a love/hate thing with hate winning slightly. To me it feels weird, harsh, and fairly rough. It does clean easy but be careful with any pressure washers, it will advance the deterioration of it as it does have a life span I've read on a couple forums. A water hose with a spray nozzle is enough to clean it. I had it in the center ballast locker under a 1200lb ballast bag in my Supra. Seems all options of flooring though have their pros and cons.

Thanks for the info! I walked around barefoot in an A24 for a little while in the shop and it felt ok to me, but that was very short sampling of time, not a whole summer in the boat. I will be trailering a little bit so I'll be aware of the possibility of it flying out. Also good advice on the pressure washer. If cleaning it with a normal host and nozzle works then obviously there's no need to hit it with the pressure washer.

I'll try to remember to report back here on my experience with deckadence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:35 pm 

Quick question: has any one of you odered gatorstep for a 2012 a20? I was just abou to order when I realized that the template for the swim step thy have on file doesn't fit mine. Mine is like the 2013 swim step.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:28 pm 
Team Axis

diegomilan wrote:
Quick question: has any one of you odered gatorstep for a 2012 a20? I was just abou to order when I realized that the template for the swim step thy have on file doesn't fit mine. Mine is like the 2013 swim step.

Thanks for your help.

Call TJ at gatorstep.. he is very helpful 909-997-8111

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:06 pm 
Boater

simo47 wrote:
Dvldog

That looks awesome. Is that the Scraped Pearl Ultra Plank?

Yes it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:25 pm 
Team Axis

Mine is being delivered to gator on tuesday... think I will go with the shark fin scraped if it's not to dark... hoping the darker will be less likely to show dirt and stains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 pm 
Team Axis

Just got mine the other day. Less than 2 weeks from when I placed the order. Now I just need to pick up my boat and put it in. BTW I can't believe 1. Axis doesn't offer this as an option and 2. anyone would opt for carpet or decadence.
For those that have installed, any tips or tricks to offer?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:33 pm 
Team Axis

simo47 wrote:
Just got mine the other day. Less than 2 weeks from when I placed the order. Now I just need to pick up my boat and put it in. BTW I can't believe 1. Axis doesn't offer this as an option and 2. anyone would opt for carpet or decadence.
For those that have installed, any tips or tricks to offer?

I was told gator step stains very easily. That's why I chose deckadence. If you don't have young kids or careless friends then you should be fine. In my situation I have both, and I'm looking forward to being able take the deckadence out of the boat and hose it off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:28 pm 
Team Axis

So dropped my boat off at gator step this morning. I asked about staining and some of the comments I have read about it and they said it was likely an older product or a light color. He said while it can stain it is pretty resiliant. Also looked at the exile boat today that has gator in it and it looks perfect.. no stains or discoloring at all. Either way I will keep you guys posted on how it holds up.. I did everytging except the under seat portions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next