It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Gatorstep or Decadence Flooring?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:25 pm 
Team Axis

Subscribed Johnny... I'd really like to see how it looks vice a full deck-trac Kit.

Post subject: Re: Gatorstep or Decadence Flooring?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:24 pm 
Boater

I have Gator-Step. I originally wanted Decadence flooring for my 2015 Axis A22 but It was not offered as an option in 2015. Decadence is now going to offer it again for 2016 from Malibu factory as an option.

I do like the Gator-step flooring that I have in gray, looks very nice but.... Only problem with Gator-step is that its hard to clean if someone steps on your flooring with dirty sandles/shoes. It seems to absorb whatever dirt or grease/grime that gets on it and seems to stain easy.

Both are a better option than carpet in my mind though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:28 am 

Would you do gator step again or go the decadence route?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:47 am 
Team Axis

03Dvldog wrote:
I have Gator-Step. I originally wanted Decadence flooring for my 2015 Axis A22 but It was not offered as an option in 2015. Decadence is now going to offer it again for 2016 from Malibu factory as an option.

I do like the Gator-step flooring that I have in gray, looks very nice but.... Only problem with Gator-step is that its hard to clean if someone steps on your flooring with dirty sandles/shoes. It seems to absorb whatever dirt or grease/grime that gets on it and seems to stain easy.

Both are a better option than carpet in my mind though.

How well does the gator step clean up? I was planning on taking my boat to them next month... but I don't want something that takes a ton of work to look good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:29 pm 
Team Axis

I did it finally!!!

Attachments:
rontSeadeck.jpg
rontSeadeck.jpg [ 132.92 KiB | Viewed 18470 times ]
frontSeadeck2.jpg
frontSeadeck2.jpg [ 112.41 KiB | Viewed 18470 times ]
rearSeadeck.jpg
rearSeadeck.jpg [ 104.29 KiB | Viewed 18470 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 pm 
Team Axis

It took a few hours to do it, mainly because getting all the residual glue from the deck track off was very difficult and time consuming. But once the surface was clean, it only took me about 10 minutes to put on all 9 pieces. I tried no heat, light heat with my gun, and high heat with my gun when peeling the deck track off, but all three methods left me with a glue footprint. It took a lot of acetone and scrubbing with a rag, and a little bit of scrapping to get it all off.

I went with sea deck because I was told a few years ago by my dealer that the swim step pad on my boat was Seadeck. I had that pad replaced twice under warranty due to incorrect installation, both times I was told it was a sea deck pad. Fast forward to this summer and I started looking into all the different companies. I called sea deck and they said they do not or have not done Axis boats, so my swim step is not theirs. I got their samples a few days later and their 6mm embossed "storm grey" is an exact match for my swim pad. exact. So i ordered through them, they already had my whole boat lay out, so I just picked the pieces I wanted from their order form. They came in a flat box a week and a half later. I thought about waiting til summer to instal so I could lay the pieces out in the sun over a barrel or something to get the curve I need, but I ended up just masking-tape them into a shape and sat them by the fire the night before. The problem with my swim pad was it was sent rolled up, and rolled the wrong way. The tech at the dealer did not lay it out in the sun over a barrel to get the correct curve to it before he installed it.... apparently the factory failed to do this as well. Needless to say, within a few days the corners were peeling up, again. So the 2nd time I brought in my swim step I made sure the service manager did the install, and he did it correctly with no issues. On my new sea deck pieces I noticed that the ends were rolling up just a little bit, even though they were shipped in a flat box... so I made sure to get a new curve to it before I installed it. Turned out great, matches my swim step perfect, and feels so much better on your feet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:19 pm 
Team Axis

Sooooo, how much $$$ you looking at on the front and side pieces?

Malibu didn't ship or install the deck trac on my boat so I'm trying to get a credit back for the amount and then order the sea deck or gator step pieces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:48 pm 
Team Axis

For those 9 pieces it was about $360. It was $335 for all the pieces plus shipping.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:40 pm 
Team Axis

Looks great man. My boat is going to gator step in February for the whole kit..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:57 pm 
Boater

prormk163 wrote:
Would you do gator step again or go the decadence route?

I didn't have the option when I bought my boat. I think Deckadence is a lot easier maintenance than Gator step. So me having kids....I'd choose Deckadence, which I might do in a couple seasons. The Gator step stains easy so beware, No shoes sandles or dirty feet in the boat lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next