It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4" Seat Riser GROUPBUY
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 pm 
Team Axis

How do I contact this person to buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:26 pm 
Team Axis

His email should be on the 1st post. I absolutely love mine. Haven't found a good use for the storage yet though. Anyone have something cool hidden in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:00 am 
Team Axis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:08 am 
Site Admin

If I were to have the boat in south south texas.. I would have a gun in that compartment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm 
Team Axis

Woot woot, just ordered!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:38 am 
Team Axis

Just got mine. Hoping to get it installed this weekend before WTW on Monday. Anyone have a time estimate for the install? Is it pretty easy to do? I am not near by boat so I can't look at it until tomorrow. Do you have to pull that rubber piece off the front of the molded base? How did you re-attach it if so?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:06 am 
Team Axis

Raimie wrote:
Just got mine. Hoping to get it installed this weekend before WTW on Monday. Anyone have a time estimate for the install? Is it pretty easy to do? I am not near by boat so I can't look at it until tomorrow. Do you have to pull that rubber piece off the front of the molded base? How did you re-attach it if so?

On my boat it's a piece of HDPE that's held on by six screws. Unscrew that and you get access under the seat base. If you have all tools within reach and you're pretty fast it could probably be done in 15-20 minutes. I always seem to forget something and leave a tool and then I also spend about half the time of any project just staring at it. So if it were me I'd budget an hour.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:09 am 
Team Axis

Raimie wrote:

My plastic piece on the front was attached with phillip head screws. They will come right out. Then you get to stick your hand in the hole where the plastic piece was and loosen the four nuts that keep the seat attached to the boat. It is a tight fit so be careful to not drop any of the hardware. Once the seat is off, put the riser on either the base or the seat and bolt it down. I put the riser on the base first and bolted it down. Either way is acceptable. Then finish it up by reattaching the seat. It will take you less than an hour if you get to it. The hard part is working in the tight places in that hole in the base.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:24 am 
Team Axis

long sleeve shirt is definitely adviseable because it's unfinished fiberglass in that hole.

Raime I'm definitely going to be curious about your thoughts. We had this box on the 14 LSV and it was perfect. Also have it on the T22 and for me personally (I'm about 5'9") I think it makes the seat a touch high. My 5'0" wife would disagree, but for me, especially with the bolster up, it's like a bar stool. My whole head is above the windshield.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 am 
Team Axis

Awesome, thanks so much for the info guys! Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing the screws on the cover. I saw a tip about removing the top of the riser box and will do that also.

I am a little worried about it being too high...worst case for me, if it is, my machinist brother will take the sides down a bit for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next