It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plug n Play draining while underway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:54 pm 
Team Axis

My rear plug-n-play bags are draining while underway. Its pretty annoying. The portside bag was down to maybe 100 lbs (I have 750s) after about 20 minutes of surfing...well....trying to surf since the wave kept getting smaller.

Any ideas? Its a 2014 T22. I plan to take in to the dealer in a couple weeks for the 20 hour check, but would like to know if anyone else experienced this and what the fix was.

Post subject: Re: Plug n Play draining while underway
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:18 pm 
Team Axis

Can you tell us how they are installed an take pics? Never heard of the rear doing that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:31 pm 
Team Axis

My ballast bags r doing the opposite. When we r driving around the lake the ballast bags fill up when they r not even turned on. After Wakeboarding, we drain all the ballast bags until there is no water coming out the side. When we get back to the dock (10 minute boat ride) the ballast can drain for like another 2 minutes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 pm 

Are u plumbed into the existing vents? I just hooked my t22 up and although I haven't surfed with them yet I am worried they will drain through the vent once I surf for a while. Just the pressure from the angle of the boat seems enough to squeeze the water out the vent
I might put a ball valve on my vent lines

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:15 pm 
Team Axis

ecore66 wrote:
My ballast bags r doing the opposite. When we r driving around the lake the ballast bags fill up when they r not even turned on. After Wakeboarding, we drain all the ballast bags until there is no water coming out the side. When we get back to the dock (10 minute boat ride) the ballast can drain for like another 2 minutes

If this is your first Axis you might not be familiar with the fact that the ballast drains from the sack into the hard tank if plumbed normally from the factory. When you start to drain your ballast the pumps will drain the hard tank faster than the water from the sack can get into the hard tank. After a while you'll drain the hard tank and think you're totally empty and shutoff the drain pump. All the while the last remaining water in the sack makes it's way into the hard tank and you'll think you have an issue...it's normal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:28 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
ecore66 wrote:

If this is your first Axis you might not be familiar with the fact that the ballast drains from the sack into the hard tank if plumbed normally from the factory. When you start to drain your ballast the pumps will drain the hard tank faster than the water from the sack can get into the hard tank. After a while you'll drain the hard tank and think you're totally empty and shutoff the drain pump. All the while the last remaining water in the sack makes it's way into the hard tank and you'll think you have an issue...it's normal.

Ya but the front ballast does it to

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:31 am 
Team Axis

my 2013 does this too, real bad with the starboard side rear.....My theory is the pressure difference is sucking it out the vent line while underway. I wonder if adding a dedicated vent to the sack would help?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:55 am 
Team Axis

kingranch wrote:
Are u plumbed into the existing vents? I just hooked my t22 up and although I haven't surfed with them yet I am worried they will drain through the vent once I surf for a while. Just the pressure from the angle of the boat seems enough to squeeze the water out the vent
I might put a ball valve on my vent lines

I will have to try to get some pics, but the boat is at my cottage and I won't be out there again until the weekend.

I have the factory installed plug-n-play and the dealer installed the bags. Either way, it ticks me off because they should know how to do this correctly so they don't drain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:01 am 
Team Axis

If the rear are draining automatically either someone left out the vent loops or the vent loop is stuck closed not allowing it to vent under vacuum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am 
Team Axis

I am not a fan of the factory plumbing, I changed all of my set up as did many of the members of this forum