It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A24 1st weekend speed control isssue
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:54 pm 
Team Axis

I keep hearing that and makes me want one

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:14 pm 
Team Axis

Chattwake wrote:
Demo I couldn't pass up. It's the a24 from the jaopro voyage movie. Nicely loaded with the ls3. Not necessarily what I would order (lots of flake) but still sick! I'll post up pics ASAP. Hell guys now that axis has surfgate, I had to come back! Plus, best wake in the bu line...

Are you going to watch the premier in knoxville? We will be there?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:48 am 
Team Axis

Don't know if I'll make it, but I'll pm you if I can.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 pm 
Team Axis

New gauge and now my speed control is perfect!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:55 am 
Team Axis

mcmiller wrote:
New gauge and now my speed control is perfect!

Awesome!!! Glad to hear there is a fix for this issue. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:22 pm 

Has anyone heard of an official fix from Axis on this speed control issue? I'm having the same issue, cruise holding at 1.2 - 1.4 above what I set it at. For example, I set it at 10mph for surfing and it runs from 11.1 - 11.4 (always over 1mph greater). Have my boat in for 20 hour service and dealer says he hasn't seen any service alerts from Malibu/Axis.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:25 pm 
Team Axis

Have your dealer call malibu, they sent a new gauge and it fixed mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 am 
Team Axis

Just want to update this as the new gauge was a NIGHT and DAY difference!!!

I got my 14 a22 in march and quickly noticed the cruise was 3-4 miles an hour off from set point to actual speed, the cruise would not engage unless you overshot the set point by 2-3 miles and hour ( total pain with rookie riders, scares the hell out of them), and speed did not hold steady and would vary 1-2 miles per hour. My old boats all had old school perfect pass. I was really disappointed with the speed control

Until my new gauge showed up on Friday. Got it installed on sunday morning and took it out. AMAZING is all I have to say. no calibration at all and speed was dead on (both set point and actual), I did not have to overshoot at all to get it to engage and it engaged so much faster. Speed will vary 1-2 tenths of a mph (YES is said TENTHS of a MPH) I absolutely love the boat now and it made having the boat out easy and relaxing. Rookie drivers can now easily drive and not be stressed. My wife has been driving boats for 5 years and was blown away how much better it was with just a new gauge.

Just my advise, even if you are an excellent driver and can work around the old gauge and deal with its inaccuracies why would you. These are $70K boats and should drive like a $70K boats.

Big shout out to Tilly's Marine. I asked about the new gauge and they got it out to me in less than a week and I'm in California. Nice job guys!!! Loving my AXIS now!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:27 am 
Team Axis

LNDSY3 wrote:
Just want to update this as the new gauge was a NIGHT and DAY difference!!!

I got my 14 a22 in march and quickly noticed the cruise was 3-4 miles an hour off from set point to actual speed, the cruise would not engage unless you overshot the set point by 2-3 miles and hour ( total pain with rookie riders, scares the hell out of them), and speed did not hold steady and would vary 1-2 miles per hour. My old boats all had old school perfect pass. I was really disappointed with the speed control

Until my new gauge showed up on Friday. Got it installed on sunday morning and took it out. AMAZING is all I have to say. no calibration at all and speed was dead on (both set point and actual), I did not have to overshoot at all to get it to engage and it engaged so much faster. Speed will vary 1-2 tenths of a mph (YES is said TENTHS of a MPH) I absolutely love the boat now and it made having the boat out easy and relaxing. Rookie drivers can now easily drive and not be stressed. My wife has been driving boats for 5 years and was blown away how much better it was with just a new gauge.

Just my advise, even if you are an excellent driver and can work around the old gauge and deal with its inaccuracies why would you. These are $70K boats and should drive like a $70K boats.

Big shout out to Tilly's Marine. I asked about the new gauge and they got it out to me in less than a week and I'm in California. Nice job guys!!! Loving my AXIS now!!!

I have noticed my boat does that too. My Actual speed is always 2mph faster than my set speed. My Actual speed is calibrated and reads the correct speed. Do you think I need the new guages?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:52 am 
Team Axis

^^^ Hell yeah :D

Perfection is there you just have to go ask for it. For me speed control accuracy is everything and having that Sunday was Awesome. I've been boating for 11 years and I know how to drive but not everyone in my boat does. Even when I was driving it was nice to not be fixated on it. It was perfect, Pure enjoyment!! I really cant say enough about the new gauge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next