It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis owner wake pics?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 am 

I just recently stumbled across axis boats by way of another forum and I've got to say I'm really impressed with the boat. I can't say how happy I am there is a more affordable boat being built specifically for wakeboarding (not crossover).

There are a lot of cool ideas like plug n play ballast allowing to get a "stock" ballast system of over 2k lbs (then toss the wedge in for good measure).

Anyways I'm about 5 years out before I get to buy a different boat and Axis is definitely going to be the one if they can stay at the price point they're currently at. Would any current boat owners be willing to post some wake pics so I can salivate some more for the next couple years?

Any impressions on the wake shape? From the videos and pics I've seen so far it looks like a good mix of lip / mound (my style of wake).

Post subject: Re: Axis owner wake pics?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 am 
Team Axis

I don't have any great pics of my wake although I know there are a few on Flickr. you can find them by going to www.axiswake.com, in the media section.

One of the best features of the axis is the wakeboard wake. It is so easy to scale from beginner to advance riders in a mater of minutes. With very little weight the wake will clean up around 18 mph. Fill up the plug n play, you have a wake that is big, meaty, with a nice transition. Drop the wedge and you get all of the above plus a nice lip that gives you a nice boot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 pm 

I've always been curious about wedges. Do they burn a lot more gas versus just tossing more weight in the boat? I always wondered that since they are using a constant fin of resistance to pull the butt end down. Have you ever tried going with 2k lbs of ballast with wedge vs about 3k lbs of ballast?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm 
Team Axis

I had the exact same concern before I bought the boat. I honestly do not notice the difference in gas but I do have the 400hp motor. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. The dealer strongly recommended I get the wedge and I am so glad the boat that I bought has it. I can fill the stock tanks and the bags in the locker about 1/2 way, then drop the wedge and the wake is great. With this configuration, I still have a ton of room in the lockers.

I had a smaller v-drive before this boat with a merc mag 350, without any type of wedge. The Axis gets slightly worse gas mileage then that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 pm 

Cool hopefully we can fill up this post with some big juicy wake pics. If you don't mind my asking what was the out of the door cost for your axis and trailer?

edit: here are some pics to help others get a good look at the wake:
http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/Scottwbc/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:12 am 
Team Axis

my buddy riding @ 22 mph wedge down and only factory tanks full no pnp

Attachments:
axis3.jpg
axis3.jpg [ 6.6 KiB | Viewed 43117 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 am 

awesome :) Any chance you could post a bigger picture or is that the native size of it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:18 am 
Axis Owner

Here are some pix from last weekend, tanks/bags full but we did not have the wedge down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:30 pm 

So did you have the plug n play then? So we're talking what around 2k lbs of ballast no wedge? Thanks for the nice big pics :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:23 pm 
Axis Owner

wakeboarder3780 wrote:
So did you have the plug n play then? So we're talking what around 2k lbs of ballast no wedge? Thanks for the nice big pics :)

Yes, stock tanks and plug-n-play ballast were full, just forgot to put the wedge down all day... DOH! Still getting used to the boat, and I keep forgetting to drop it-