It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis/Trailor issues I have currently
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:24 pm 
Axis Owner

So I thought I would report some issues I have so far after owning my axis this season. My first problem I discovered is my "maintenance free hub" is the cap has come off at some point, and all the oil has came out, and I now have lake grim mixing around in my wheel bearings. I contacted Atlanta inboard to have them fix this. Waiting to hear back on this. So my boat is staying at the lake since I can't run the risk of letting my bearing go dry.

Next, the little zipper thing on the boat cover came off last night when I put the cover on before the rain came.

And this weekend I noticed the front of the boat the rectangular cushion warping a bit. I'll get it looked at this fall

These are little things, but I thought I would share this, and curios if anyone else having little issues. The boat itself is rock solid. I just love the boat.

Post subject: Re: Axis/Trailor issues I have currently
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

I have had small issues with other boats that I have owned similar to this. Not sure who makes the covers and the trailer parts but I am sure they are the same people that make them for Malibu. I bet your dealer can get that taken care of for you.

I have just seen some of the stripping around the rear bench seat and gear covers that have rolled up some. Nothing major but I can see that being a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm 
Axis Owner

I just thought I would update this, and let everyone know the company that makes my trailer, Manufacturer: http://www.ufpnet.com/ Were great to work with. Sent me everything I needed to get back on the road, grease, seals, everything. Dennis was my point of contact, and he gave me also another contact person as well, and I was able to speak with him a couple of times to answer a few questions. :D Great experience!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:27 am 

That's good to hear. On your trailer the brakes that come with it, are they surge brakes where when the trailer pivots forward, then it starts braking or are they electronic brakes where you have a little module in your drivers cabin where you can turn up or down how hard you want the module to brake and as soon as you put your foot on the brake the brakes on the trailer engage with the specified intensity from the module in the drivers cabin?