It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plug and Play install.....
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Has anyone ever done the actual plug and play install? Not the full system but just adding in the extra bags from BFI? You have to "re-wire" a few hoses to setup the boat to fill from the original tank system.

Post subject: Re: Plug and Play install.....
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 pm 
Team Axis

I re-routed my rear locker hoses so the tanks filled first, then overflowed into the bags - not sure if thats what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm 
Axis Owner

I just had the whole system installed last week on my Axis. I am having severe trouble though. All the bags fill up, but cannot drain. The bags minimally drain when on the trailer through the intake holes where the system sucks in water from...at least thats what I think. I dont even know if my tanks are filling. Just the bags.

And with all bags filled and 9 people in the boat, I couldn't get the boat to plane, and was stuck at 12 mph.

Any suggestions? The video from AXIS shows 11 people in the boat with all the sacs filled. What I had to do is pull my skier up, then start filling the sacs....and I am still not sure that the tanks ever filled.

So my issue is that the sacs will not drain, besides for the bow sac...that fills and drains just fine; and

I dont know what to do about the power issue. They claim all that weight on the video, and then when i tried it, the boat couldnt handle it.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:00 pm 
Team Axis

If you don't have the acme 1235 (14.5 x 14.25) on your boat I would guess you are going to have problems getting on plane with that much weight. Upgrade your prop.

As far as the filling issue for the rear tanks/bags... I had the same problem and I know someone else that also had this issue. If you contact Axis, they are very helpful. I believe one solution is to shorten the length of the drain hose from the bag to the tank. I went a different direction and re-routed my hoses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:04 pm 
Axis Owner

How did you re-route the hoses?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 pm 
Team Axis

I have the fill line going into the tank first, then the overflow from the tank into the bag. the vent line is no longer on the tank and simply overflows out of the boat from the bag.

The one downfall is - the bag fills about 3/4 full because the back pressure of the water is too much for the drain pump. If you have the wedge, this is not an issue, without the wedge you would probably want as much weight as possible in the rear lockers. I am going to address it eventually... possibly with a couple $10 shut off valves, or shortening the tank overflow line may also work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

You will need the 1235.. I do the same with my VLX on the prop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:58 pm 
Team Axis

I called Bill at acme and got the 1615 112m-35m it is 14.5 x 12.75. This prop will pull hard out of the hole with factory ballast 980 lb additional sack in front and 2-750 lb sacks in the rear. I have the wedge down and 5 guys around 180 each in the rear and 1 guy in the front. If you dont put the guy in the front the wake is so steep it is hard to ride up.The boat has no issue taking off with all the guys in the rear.The wake is huge like this by the way. The only downfall is my top end is 34 mph now, gps'd it.We ride at 24 mph and 75' to 78.5' out.Ive only had the boat a little over a week so far. I am going to get the new flyhigh sacs that are rated at 1180 each in the rear, i will of course have to add more to the front as well when running the wedge too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

I heard they were testing a new prop on the Axis.. So the recommended is the 1615 for the Axis now?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:36 am 
Team Axis

It is the most extreme prop. It is for those of us that weight our boats heavy.