It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: All I have is Problems!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
Axis Owner

We had our share of issues after picking up the boat, but all were resolved by the dealer.
After our fisrt season we are very pleased with the boat. The only remaining issue is the dang front sac keeps draining after filled, and it has to be re-filled every so often... must not be a check valve inline? Anyone know where to source one? and where to place it in the system? The issue is with the front SAC only, all other sac issues have been corrected by me. Oh, one other thing... anyone else having issues with the Chillax seat mounts up front? The fiberglass is WAY too thin where the hinge supports screw to the hull, and the screws have ripped out, or simply just fallen out at times. Gonna glass in some wood to correct it I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:43 pm 

Anyone know where the check valve can be purchased? I have to constantly keep filling my front pnp bag. it sems to be draining over to the center tank. Is that possible? I have an 2011 A-22 that was purchased in september of 2010. I have seen it posted here somewhere that the 2011's came standard with this installed. I'm wondering if mine was one of the early 2011's and did not have this installed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

If barefoot has a the part you need I can get them. I have not looked into check valves from BFI.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 pm 
Team Axis

wakemakers has 3/4" inline check valves for $13.95 and I believe if you call them you can have them enter a promo code (axisowner or malibucrew) and get %10 off.

here is the link to the exact valve

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-bal ... eck-valves

In addition to the valve you will need 2 hose clamps to complete the instal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm 

Just ordered the check valve from wakemakers. It was less than $15 & I should be able to install myself. Just to be clear since this thred is about problems, I haven't really had many. My hull had a small hairline crack on the left rear close to the rub rail which my dealer quickly fixed. We have 80 hours on it and it has really been great so far.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 am 
Axis Owner

Just wanted to give an update to what is going on with my boat. After it went into service for the running issue and no power they re-flashed the engine. It seems to be running great. With the amp, it finally came in so that will get fixed this week, but did have a problem with the sub this weekend but hopefully it is just something internal with the amp and the new amp will resolve that and it's not blow (don't know how that would happen). They are going to re-wire the tower speakers to find the short that seems to be comming from or theis new amp doesnt blow. As for the deck-trac, all of the missing pieces are getting mailed out this week so i should have them and put them on before the weekend. Other than that, everything seems to be working it's self out. Just keeping my fingers crossed that i dont have anymore issues. Thanks to Matt Bishop @ Axis for all the help!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm 
Team Axis

Great to hear things are being addressed, gives us all faith in the people at Axis.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 am 
Team Axis

Bishop is one of my best friends. He's a stand up guy. He'll get you taken care of.

I'm really shocked over the issues you've had. I hope you're happy with your boat once the stereo and deck track stuff gets worked out.