It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A20 surf help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am 
Team Axis

Trying to get my regular surf wake dialed. whats some of your thoughts???

i followed chattwake's directions on my goofie side. full rear (400lbs) & front pnp and rear locker with no center at 11-12 mph and it was sick. thats my wifes side. but i did the same for (me) on the regualr and it was all washed.

i played around with speed with no change. We ran out of time to play with the weight, but was wondering if you could get me to a starting point for this week?

I got the 400 rear pnp cause i thought 750's would sink the rear of the axis too much. thoughts??

Post subject: Re: A20 surf help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43 pm 
Team Axis

Remember you are also working against the weight of the driver (no offense intended). Make sure the starboard is definitely empty and try adding more to the port to offset the driver. I find that mine is dialed in when the swim deck is 50% (surfside) under water. If the boats listing hard, but the whole palform is still under, then not enough weight in the front.

"Sometimes it is just good to be goofy!"

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 am 

sometimes i have to make sure the PnP ballast in the back is completely drained, then drain the hard tank. A lot of times the water stops being pumped out but the PnP bag hasn't drained completely, so it then empties into the hard tank before getting pumped out. This has gotten me a few times so just make sure the other side is empty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 am 

My best surf wave on regular side has been full 750 pnp in left rear locker, full mid ballast, wedge down and 10 mph. This config has worked for me with anywhere from 3-8 people in the boat. It's not the cleanest thing but great for 360's and mild airs.